+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: George Miller

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Says on Sky that we've signed him for 200K.

Know nowt about him but got to give him a chance.

Hardly overwhelming though is it.
    Yep just gone through 10 minutes ago .

Welcome to the club George .

Sunderland are panicking like good uns! Bidding for any Strikers they can afford in the under 500k bracket and keep getting turned down PMSL.

A welcome addition. He should be able to chip in with a goal or 2.

Good luck to him personally , just another to sell on ? Not impressed

Welcome tut lad and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    A welcome addition. He should be able to chip in with a goal or 2.
    Wrong again. Not joining us til next season.
    Still only got a squad of 16, unless we sell again that is.

Where do you get 16?

I make it at least 24

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Where do you get 16?

I make it at least 24
    I repeat.
    Since this we've loaned out Isgrove.

Of the 26, only 17/18 are serious first team squad members (including injury prone Fryers, Hedges & Isgrove, plus the new lad Green).
    You've got 2 back up keepers, plus youngsters Styles, Wolfe, Bird & Jordan Williams.
    Realistically we've got 3 full backs, 3 centre backs & Fryers. Up front we've got Moore, Woodrow plus Victor as back up.
    Midfield regulars could be Mowatt, Dougall, McGeehan, Thiam, Bahre & Brown.
    Say we got to the play off final against Portsmouth/Sunderland and we had a couple of injuries and a player suspended (not unlikely).
    If we were lucky and we were without 1 defender,a midfielder & a forward, could we be confident of a win?
    If we without Pinnock, Thiam & Woodrow what team could we put out?
    Davies, Cavare, Williams, Lyndsay, Jackson, Mowatt, Dougall, Brown, McGeehan, Moore & Victor.
    Bench: Walton, Pinnilos, Fryers, Bahre, Green, Hedges & Isgrove (if fit).
    That's it, there's nobody else.
    This is all presuming we don't sell anyone else.
    If you think that team could win at Wembley we don't need anyone else.
    Don't say the injury/suspension thing couldn't happen - ask Spurs fans.
    They lost 3 players 2 weeks ago and they've been knocked out of 2 cups, dropped out of contention for the league and will more than likely go out of Europe next week.

Sorry Hodger when you said we've only got a squad of 16
    I thought you meant we've only got a squad of 16

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I can see Stoke paying for Lindsay from the parachute payments, I can see Brentford paying for Pinnock from the proceeds of Mepham going to Bournemouth for 12 million, what I can't see is Sunderland paying half a million more to us for Moore than the sum they sold Maja for????
    I am a bit fed up though of Goat saying other clubs would have to pay a lot of money to get our players because some will pay the money......What he should be doing is keeping us in the loop but the club couldn't care less about us.
    This lot will not set their stall out by saying nobody else is leaving because they are open to any offers for any players, I can see a mass bail out before the end of the transfer window and it scares the life out of me, it's not just these three that could go either Davies has kept loads of clean sheets and we don't have a reliable back up keeper, Woodrow has only just signed and he's on fire! I wouldn't put it past them to flog him if someone comes in with a Goat offer that is too good to turn down.
    Mowatt, Dougall and McGeehan all playing well, we could end up with a brand new eleven come the first of February? At least the shareholders will be happy!
    Let's start with your opening remarks perky "I can see" well lad you can see fcuk all in my opinion I would advise you to stop playing to the crowd .
    I could go on but to be honest I hate it when I have to chastise a fellow suporters for saying things they don't really mean.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast