+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you pay more for the entrance fee?

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Nope. Think I pay enough though I've never asked TS to spend his money and blow it on silly overpriced players...
    I'm happy for us to develop slowly we had to many years yo-yoing from league 1 and 2. At least it's now league 1 and the championship.
    In may it will be 7 full seasons at NYS. 4 of those have been spent in the championship. 3 promotions. 2 trips to Wembley. Played 2 games with over 50k in attendance. Ok we have had 1 (poss 2) relegations the positive way out ways the negatives
    Some of us have not that many years left cayton.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    So then for rounded figures purposes.

Let’s say ticket fee is £20 and it’s increased to £25

If one fan says “stuff that” it means 4 tickets at the new price have to be sold to get the £20 back that the leaving fan was paying.

Plus you get a drop in incidental profits like merchandising, catering and draw tickets.

Maybe the fans would put up with smaller increases but I doubt that it would trigger off any major changes in our signings (or lack of signings) policy
    Absolutely

We have had the counter argument on here that we should drop prices, as Bradford City do, to increase gates. The supply and demand position is different for each club. I am sure that our prices are calculated to give the highest gate receipts possible. If we were selling out every week, with thousands unable to buy tickets. you can be sure that prices would increase - and that would be fair enough.

Maybe look at some of the concession; most clubs Senior concession start at 65, should we increase ours from 60 to 65 years.

It wont add much, but maybe increase the away fans price to match the east and west stand.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Maybe look at some of the concession; most clubs Senior concession start at 65, should we increase ours from 60 to 65 years.

It wont add much, but maybe increase the away fans price to match the east and west stand.
    Might work, but the club still has events like “kids for a quid” and cut price “bring a friend” events so the club does seem to be aware that attendances are showing a downward trend rather than an upward one. So price increases ( or changing age bands) might make matters worse.

say th club increases it to $2 a game.

how much of that would go into recruitment.

say 10k gate that's 20 grand.

times by 22 that's 440k.

all of it guaranteed recruitment than yes

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    It is a tough one to put the price up if we get relegated Brin but it's not gone up for years now has it?
    Wrong frog it went up at start of the season people who renewed it didn’t have to pay extra but new season ticket holders season tickets had to pay extra

North stand adult
    Il
    Was £395 now £440

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...8---key-dates/

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...prices-frozen/

Gone up £35

Although it didn’t go up until after play offs I imagine That will be the new price from now on and north stand will have to pay £390 now
    Last edited by Silly-miller; 30-01-2019 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post

Where else would you get people pushing for prices to go UP?

*******s to that, footballers are paid too much already.

They've only got two arms to get sleeve tattoos on anyway, how much money do they need?

So the answer is no, I don't want to give them more of my money to piss away online gambling.
    Last edited by great_fire; 30-01-2019 at 12:37 AM.

Hard to argue with that, Mr Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Wrong frog it went up at start of the season people who renewed it didn’t have to pay extra but new season ticket holders season tickets had to pay extra

North stand adult
    Il
    Was £395 now £440

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...8---key-dates/

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...prices-frozen/

Gone up £35

Although it didn’t go up until after play offs I imagine That will be the new price from now on and north stand will have to pay £390 now
    Chears for that Silly

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Where else would you get people pushing for prices to go UP?

*******s to that, footballers are paid too much already.

They've only got two arms to get sleeve tattoos on anyway, how much money do they need?

So the answer is no, I don't want to give them more of my money to piss away online gambling.

Are you suggesting that our club/players are gamblers ?

I’d be careful if I was you, EFL will be watching and waiting to give us a huge point deduction 😉

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast