+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What a Joke

We've been here before, when we didn't bring in cover for Marney or Jones, Deano was done for the season a couple of weeks later. So now we have the aging Peter Crouch or the hapless Vydra, should anything happen to Wood or Barnes, which it will, mark my words.

I suppose it could be worse N.Forest have signed Pele as good as he was he really must be past it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    I am going out on a limb here but I have always thought that Crouch is one of the most underrated strikers ever to play for England. I honestly think he will be an asset.
    Always thought the same Matelot, a vastly under-rated player. It used to piss me off when he was picked for England and the pundits were 'here we go, long ball into the box again'. There was no need to lump the ball up to him, he was a decent player on the deck. I've nothing against him, but FFS he's 38 years old, we should be doing better.

We are probably paying Rigg £250k a year and this is the best he can come up with? Jesus fhooking wept!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We are probably paying Rigg £250k a year and this is the best he can come up with? Jesus fhooking wept!
    And, probably We have just sold Vokes, to pay Riggs salary

Seriously, I think I am done. I have never been at all happy being treated as a fhooking muppet...

Attachment 11775

Very high risk strategy - let's just pray that Barnes/Wood keep fit and in form.

If they do then I can see the sense in using Crouch as an impact sub, but surely 45 minutes would be his limit.

And let's not write Vydra off yet. Last week he was playing on his own with the nearest Claret about five miles away. That would make ANY striker look bad.

I still think we should have looked to bring in a midfield enforcer in the Barton mode. Again, if Cork/Westwood keep fit and firing we'll be fine, but it is very risky and it has cost us in the past.

This is the thing with us; we never get enough cover in specific key positions and sure enough where we are threadbare we suffer significant injury and the wheels fall off. This season we have no where near enough points in the bag to suffer an inability to compete. We just don't seem to learn and its all due to not wanting to pay for the players in my view both in terms of transfers and wages.

We have 4strikers, 4 cb, 4 keepers, 4 wingers! 2 lb, 2 rb, and 3 cm.... we should have gotten another central midfielder imo.
    I would have liked to kept Vokes as well, but see no big disadvantage in not getting another striker. I’m disapointed with us not signing any more players, not strenghning the team, but hey... maybe next time

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)