+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Redtv

Angry Redtv

Redtv back to its old tricks again and a nightmare trying to watch it. I know its done through hibstv here, but it is constantly stopping and showing a verizon advert. So pi55ing off

It's happening twice so far with me but I have missed no goals

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    Redtv back to its old tricks again and a nightmare trying to watch it. I know its done through hibstv here, but it is constantly stopping and showing a verizon advert. So pi55ing off
    Yesterday's service reception was utter gash, contacted the studio a few times and got the usual zero help response.
    In all honesty up until yesterday so far this season this has been pretty much the best Red TV has been for years, after about 30 mins or so yesterday backup player settled down and was ok (not great) from there till full time.
    I missed GMS goal

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    I got two interuptions but they were fairly brief and when not much was going on. I would say that RedTV has improved and if it was as bad as previous seasons i would possibly bin it. The Hibs coverage is a good as it gets for me their two pundits are, naturally, a little biased but they are far more rational and reasonable than the numpties we get for home games.

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    I got two interuptions but they were fairly brief and when not much was going on. I would say that RedTV has improved and if it was as bad as previous seasons i would possibly bin it. The Hibs coverage is a good as it gets for me their two pundits are, naturally, a little biased but they are far more rational and reasonable than the numpties we get for home games.
    Without a doubt Red TV International has improved significantly especially this season I would say its the best it has been for years, I have been an international subscriber for as long as I care to remember now and yes there has been many a time during them years I have felt like binning it, but it becomes almost like an addiction ffs, I remember when I used to live in the UK there were many a time i would leave pittodrie at 5pm on a Saturday afternoon saying fk this shi1t i'm nae gahn back, i'm chuckin ma season ticket in the bucket and for 100% i'm nae getting ane next season, but I always did go back and I always renewed my ST time and time again, so the red TV thing has just replaced that relationship for me, sadly yesterday for me was the poorest it has been this season, but i'm confident it was just a one off.

As for the commentators we have...................
    Think I will just leave that there

SF

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Without a doubt Red TV International has improved significantly especially this season I would say its the best it has been for years, I have been an international subscriber for as long as I care to remember now and yes there has been many a time during them years I have felt like binning it, but it becomes almost like an addiction ffs, I remember when I used to live in the UK there were many a time i would leave pittodrie at 5pm on a Saturday afternoon saying fk this shi1t i'm nae gahn back, i'm chuckin ma season ticket in the bucket and for 100% i'm nae getting ane next season, but I always did go back and I always renewed my ST time and time again, so the red TV thing has just replaced that relationship for me, sadly yesterday for me was the poorest it has been this season, but i'm confident it was just a one off.

Think I will just leave that there

SF
    I know what you mean, I'm kidding myself really. I've been away almost 20 years and couldn't imagine not having at least something? At least with smack i would imagine you get some highs!

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    I know what you mean, I'm kidding myself really. I've been away almost 20 years and couldn't imagine not having at least something? At least with smack i would imagine you get some highs!
    Same here pal, I'm now in year 19 living as an expat (not sure I will ever get used to it)
    I couldn't imagine not having my Red TV now.

As for the smack I believe you get low's as a user as well

SF

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    SF
    Wish there was an option to watch it without commentary on these things.

The sound is a mess because it's a radio microphone with TV images, not microphones all over the park and properly adjusted crowd, player and commentary sound.

A slight bonus when we have TV images with other team's commentators who are normally very balanced. Ours are unlistenable. I can't understand how they get the players and what the referee has given wrong so often and the style of talking is eh just eh infuriating.

My Red TV has been unpredictable this year. Prefer watching on the laptop but on the occasion where this doesn't work, I get good reception on the iPad so I never really miss any action.

Radio commentary non-existent until about 20 minutes in.

I thought that Mackay-Steven's goal was the equaliser, and only found out that Conso had scored earlier on when I checked the BBC site.

To be honest, I use it for the post-match stuff (ken...) more than anything, and rarely use it for commentary.

Listening to us draw 1-1 with the Masons at Pittodrie in September 2016 was bizarre - 10am kick off Toronto time.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast