+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Redtv

I suppose Aberdeen fans demand to be AT LEAST third, but I do worry about third being the target.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I suppose Aberdeen fans demand to be AT LEAST third, but I do worry about third being the target.
    Changed days and all that but I can distinctly remember not celebrating being third in 1983. Third is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Aye. I’ve always said that when the club comes out with that statement when looking for upfront season ticket investment, it’s like the cashier in the newsagent’s shop saying, “Good luck, I hope you win a tenner” to any sucker buying a Lottery ticket.

I’ll be renewing mine this week, of course, even if I no longer stride purposefully along King Street at *ten to three on Saturday* thinking “today will be the day we’ll put seven past these underlings” as I used to 50 years ago.

*I am still firm in my belief that even midweek matches should start at 3pm on a Saturday.

Aye, but I suppose we’ll just have to accept half past seven on a Wednesday.

3pm on a Setterday is jist so perfect. Auld mannies need their time tae get goin, 9-5ers derserve a lang lie on a Setterday. Church goers, femly visitors and charity coffee mornin folks hae better things tae dae on a Sunday. Schoolkids enjoy a lang lie aheid o' a 'free day' .... esp ****agers. If ye want tae get young folk tae come tae games, dinna mak it a fkn chore! 3pm on a Setterday! - every time.

As for midweek? ... Wednesday is best ... cos Thursday games shift the followin' Setterday game tae a Sunday. ... Nae use! younger folk involved in the game at lower levels might be playin Sundays .... but if Setterday wis reserved for 'watchin yer 'big team' ... these gus might see summin on a Setterday that might be worth tryin oot thersels on the Sunday!

As for 7.45pm? .... If ye want kids along on a schoolnight, ging back tae 7.30pm .... or earlier! .... These days, workin folk work shorter hours than back in 19-oatcake ... and mair work flexi. Why nae 6.30? ... Rush hour is past, (certain local bus routes stop at 7pm!!! ) .... kids could get tae the game atween supper an' homework ... an'awa tae their beds early enough tae gie Ma n' Da time tae distinguish atween the words 'celebrate' and 'celebate'.

Plus, earlier wikk games, us auld mannies might manage nae tae nod aff afore half time. Win/win/win/win/win .... ken?

Well that's RedTV gone up 30%

Is that 10 each for Soul , Spirit and Tradition?

I have binned it.

No doubt I'll re-subscribe when the shakes start but I won't miss Rob (Smythers) Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Well that's RedTV gone up 30%

Is that 10 each for Soul , Spirit and Tradition?

I have binned it.

No doubt I'll re-subscribe when the shakes start but I won't miss Rob (Smythers) Maclean
    Aye, it’s a bit of a bustard if you have the international sub. It’s gone up to £85 for the domestic version, which I’ll pay as it works out at c£7 a month (thanks to Ma Munro and her absolutely fûckin mental arithmetic tuition in 1965). I wish they tidy up some of the links though, especially to archive footage.

The free streams haven't been affected by inflation at all.

Although a 30% increase wouldn't make much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Aye, it’s a bit of a bustard if you have the international sub. It’s gone up to £85 for the domestic version, which I’ll pay as it works out at c£7 a month (thanks to Ma Munro and her absolutely fûckin mental arithmetic tuition in 1965). I wish they tidy up some of the links though, especially to archive footage.
    For some inexplicable reason the pound is also strong at the moment?

Makes it around $450 dollars add the fckg ridiculous KO times and is a nah from me.

i binned it a couple of years back after I think it was 10 years on the bounce.
    pesh service was the reason I chucked it, and I doubt their customer technical support has changed that much to merit a 30 fekin % hike in price.
    That is a disgrace

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast