+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new owners

It would be super surprising if this group had 900M (in Raheems) in the bank.

But I do like their credentials for crisis management, a perfect fit

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    This is the bloke who was in the running to buy the club before.
    Same boy.He was wanting Notts in admin

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Same boy.He was wanting Notts in admin
    To be fair, that was probably the best thing to do, we wouldn't have been in as much of a mess and we could have invested more in the squad that way

Why do I have the feeling that when eventually the new owners are named - we will be all very much 'underwhelmed'

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    To be fair, that was probably the best thing to do, we wouldn't have been in as much of a mess and we could have invested more in the squad that way
    I don't think the amount of the investment was the problem though. It was how it was spent.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that when eventually the new owners are named - we will be all very much 'underwhelmed'
    Haha, yeah. I guess it depends on what your expectations are. At this stage, we have to be grateful to anyone willing to take the club on, allowing us to fight another day. Anyway, this season has taught me that football is easier when you have zero, or at least very low, expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    I don't think the amount of the investment was the problem though. It was how it was spent.
    There is that, but would having more money to spend on players rather than paying debts kept Cotterill? Then again, you have to ask if they've have appointed him in the first place so there is that

I worked at meadow lane during the munto season and if i remember correctly octavian were awarded a big security contract and were supposed to be taking on the role of the matchday stewards that year ,weren't they also a kit sponsor?

wouldn't be that surprised if it was them. Weren't they in the picture when Trew took over too? The guy seemed to comment on things both of the last two times and doesn't seem to have done this time. I hope business has been good since 2016 if it is them though!

Talking about a Hotel,Training Ground,Championship,have money according to Slater & will purchase Notts regardless of where we finish up

Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast