+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Sinking Quite A Few Beers

O/T Sinking Quite A Few Beers

And why not , just lost my job , redundant , shut the whole sector down across England and Scotland , I finish in the middle of march .

Hundreds of us , gone , just like that .

At 1.55pm yesterday afternoon not a care in the world and by 2.10pm take that .

Good innit .

Big boys trousers on and we carry on , I'll find something very soon .

Cheers !!!

Really sorry to hear that Animal. Hope you get something sorted quickly

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    And why not , just lost my job , redundant , shut the whole sector down across England and Scotland , I finish in the middle of march .

Hundreds of us , gone , just like that .

At 1.55pm yesterday afternoon not a care in the world and by 2.10pm take that .

Good innit .

Big boys trousers on and we carry on , I'll find something very soon .

Cheers !!!

I'm absolutely gutted for you mate
    I hope you find something very soon
    Keep your chin up

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope you find something new. When I was finished at Haribo I spent my £1200 quid severance in the bookies and quickly turned it into £4500. I got used to the lifestyle then the winners dried up and what should have been a few weeks turned into nine months. My waist size went up. Pints in the pub became white lightning in the living room. I ended up at an agency working at a bacon factory just to pay back my parents the board I owed them. They only worked 20 hrs and didn't qualify for benefits. I had to buy back my model railway collection from them too as they wouldn't sell it for me. I was the lowest of the low pawning things with my parents who could scarcely afford to keep me.

Only advice I can give is take the first palatable thing that comes up. Everyone's different don't dwell on it mate like I did. It can quickly change your mindset.

You're made of strong stuff Animal

That's a big blow Animal , sorry to hear it , hopefully better things soon for you ,
    hope they gave you an acceptable reason for their decision , Good Luck Lad

Thanks guys for your kind words .

Much appreciated .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    That's a big blow Animal , sorry to hear it , hopefully better things soon for you ,
    hope they gave you an acceptable reason for their decision , Good Luck Lad
    Retail is taking a right pounding right now Roma across most sectors .

The high street is really struggling but online such as us is also suffering .

They just said the trading conditions were very poor and the forecasts for the year ahead looked poor as well , worries over brexit were mentioned .

Worked there just short of two years so not much in the way of severance pay although as a gesture of goodwill they added an extra 75% for everyone to the figure .

They've got people coming in next week to help us find other jobs , help with CV writing and interview skills , many of our staff have worked for them for years and years , many have never worked anywhere else .

Loved the job and the company and I'll be fortunate to find owt as good at my age .

That's the most upsetting part because as I say I really liked it there .

Not just us either , this affects the contractors too who deliver our products to your home , about 80 odd of them lads have lost regular work they could rely on 6 days a week , self employed lads .

Would just have done me till I retire , 8 years to do and now back to the grind I guess .

It's funny because we were saying last week that since the start of the new year we hadn't seen hardly any stock coming in .

We thought they would have had a real purge and bought massively given the brexit situation and got tackle in whilst they could get it at today's prices .

Now we know why they didn't .

Not going to hang around , if I can get fixed up with summat even on an agency I'm going before my leave date if it's long term work and traveling isn't too bad , hours and shifts decent .

Not going to get a wage like I've enjoyed that's for sure so no point even building my hopes up and I may as well get fixed up asap .

Am sorry to hear that Animal. A know it's easy to say but stay positive in thi search fo summat else.

Sorry to hear that hope you get something quickly.

This might help in the short term, KDA at Dodeth are looking for permanent full time staff, I was there yesterday. I suspect it will be close to minimum wage but its better then nothing.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Am sorry to hear that Animal. A know it's easy to say but stay positive in thi search fo summat else.
    Thanks SB much appreciated .

I know it sounds daft but even the bloody sandwich shop around the corner is going to take a hit .

We reckon across the site they get £500 a week in business from us , 2k a month , not to be sniffed at that when you are a small business with two staff max .

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast