+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Darren Moore

First of all last night's performance was really poor so I'm not surprised the usual suspects of Moore out are on this thread, their argument seems to be we have the best squad but the worst manager so why do they then slag half of the squad as not being good enough, I have said many times I don't think the squad is as good as people think, injuries have also played a big part this season I can't remember the last time we had a full strength squad to choose from the loss of Barnes has hit us a lot harder than I thought it would so in summary yes Darren has made mistakes but I don't think now is the time to be calling for his head we need to get behind the team as there will be plenty of strange results between now and the end of the season.

DM will not get us out now or ever

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    First of all last night's performance was really poor so I'm not surprised the usual suspects of Moore out are on this thread, their argument seems to be we have the best squad but the worst manager so why do they then slag half of the squad as not being good enough, I have said many times I don't think the squad is as good as people think, injuries have also played a big part this season I can't remember the last time we had a full strength squad to choose from the loss of Barnes has hit us a lot harder than I thought it would so in summary yes Darren has made mistakes but I don't think now is the time to be calling for his head we need to get behind the team as there will be plenty of strange results between now and the end of the season.
    - Put simply DM will not get us promoted this season or ANY season.

This season is our best chance to get out but as all things Albion we will do too little too late
    With DM we will drift to mid championship obscurity- players will leave at end of season not just bigger names but talented kids

Nothing will change til Lai sells up
    Get ready for it

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    You say usual posters but it seems that there are numerous posters! Let’s get one thing straight - we all love West Brom and loved Darren Moore has a player. You say he has made mistakes - to right he has! Did you go to Bolton or did you go Tuesday night? These matches were not poor but we were pathetic with no strategy or plan B. That’s just two games out of many. Why has Field been discarded again? Is Gayle a winger? Forest had a game plan but did we?

Many around me on Tuesday love Darren Moore but starting to be honest in that they don’t feel we will get promoted with him
    In charge. Blood is pro Darren Moore but his latest post pointed out our recent home form is relegation.

We have to go up this year - full stop! So do we keep saying - he’s still learning - next match we go again? We can’t act if it’s too late which is typically Albion.

For me - we have to get a minimum of 3 if not 4 points from next two games otherwise we need to make a decision. The biggest failure was not getting a back up goal scorer as almost everyone agrees HRK tries hard but not good enough. What happens if and when we lose Gayle?

Very very worried and Vile will come at us on Saturday make no mistake about that. The same defensive mistakes should be sorted out on the training ground but it’s almost every match.

As much as I like Darren Moore, I can not see us getting promoted under him. This opinion is based on many games that have been poor - many poor decisions that have been poor and no technical know how to change the game. I hope I am wrong!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    You say usual posters but it seems that there are numerous posters! Let’s get one thing straight - we all love West Brom and loved Darren Moore has a player. You say he has made mistakes - to right he has! Did you go to Bolton or did you go Tuesday night? These matches were not poor but we were pathetic with no strategy or plan B. That’s just two games out of many. Why has Field been discarded again? Is Gayle a winger? Forest had a game plan but did we?

Many around me on Tuesday love Darren Moore but starting to be honest in that they don’t feel we will get promoted with him
    In charge. Blood is pro Darren Moore but his latest post pointed out our recent home form is relegation.

We have to go up this year - full stop! So do we keep saying - he’s still learning - next match we go again? We can’t act if it’s too late which is typically Albion.

For me - we have to get a minimum of 3 if not 4 points from next two games otherwise we need to make a decision. The biggest failure was not getting a back up goal scorer as almost everyone agrees HRK tries hard but not good enough. What happens if and when we lose Gayle?

Very very worried and Vile will come at us on Saturday make no mistake about that. The same defensive mistakes should be sorted out on the training ground but it’s almost every match.

As much as I like Darren Moore, I can not see us getting promoted under him. This opinion is based on many games that have been poor - many poor decisions that have been poor and no technical know how to change the game. I hope I am wrong!!!
    To answer your question I did go to Bolton a game we won comfortably, it doesn't matter what team Moore picks when we don't win you criticise it, most of the goals we are giving away are individual mistakes because we are trying to play football would you rather us just lump it for our lone striker to chace ? You mention no plan B due to injuries we don't have the players available to change to much, looking at the bench on Tuesday what would you have done differently? All these fans that want him to go have yet to give a name of anybody they think will do a better job with the squad we have, I just think we need to hold our nerve rather than make a decision we might regret.

The interesting thing is, you've mentioned Stoke and Bolton away a couple of times, we won both of those games fairly comfortably..I can't see how you can have a pop at Moore for either game.

Also, I believe the majority of fans are in favour of Moore from my experiences at the matches. But let's say there was a majority who wanted him to go before the end of the season, who out there is there to replace him who would do any better? I can't think of anyone.

And the reaction to every negative result is so knee-jerk on here. After we won comfortably against Stoke this board was quiet as anything. When we have an adverse result the knives are back out again.

His overall record as a manager is first class;

Played 43
    Won 21
    Drew 12
    Lost 10

That's a win % of 48%, in less than 1 year of management is a brilliant return.

Let's compare with notable others who have been in the game for a bit longer;

Dean Smith
    Played 424
    win % = 34

Nigel Pearson
    Played 475
    Win % = 41

Steve Bruce
    Played 889
    Win % = 38

Nathan Jones
    Played 179
    Win % = 49

Daniel Farke
    Played 145
    Win % = 46

Chris Wilder
    Played 844
    Win % = 44

Marcelo Bielsa
    Played 601
    Win % = 44

Rafa Benitez
    Played 1098
    Win % = 49

Sir Alex Ferguson
    Played 2155
    Win % = 58

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    The interesting thing is, you've mentioned Stoke and Bolton away a couple of times, we won both of those games fairly comfortably..I can't see how you can have a pop at Moore for either game.

Also, I believe the majority of fans are in favour of Moore from my experiences at the matches. But let's say there was a majority who wanted him to go before the end of the season, who out there is there to replace him who would do any better? I can't think of anyone.

And the reaction to every negative result is so knee-jerk on here. After we won comfortably against Stoke this board was quiet as anything. When we have an adverse result the knives are back out again.

His overall record as a manager is first class;

Played 43
    Won 21
    Drew 12
    Lost 10

That's a win % of 48%, in less than 1 year of management is a brilliant return.

Let's compare with notable others who have been in the game for a bit longer;

Dean Smith
    Played 424
    win % = 34

Nigel Pearson
    Played 475
    Win % = 41

Steve Bruce
    Played 889
    Win % = 38

Nathan Jones
    Played 179
    Win % = 49

Daniel Farke
    Played 145
    Win % = 46

Chris Wilder
    Played 844
    Win % = 44

Marcelo Bielsa
    Played 601
    Win % = 44

Rafa Benitez
    Played 1098
    Win % = 49

Sir Alex Ferguson
    Played 2155
    Win % = 58
    Afternoon 123. The win at Bolton was certainly not comfortable against a very poor Bolton side, and the display was awful - we scraped it against Stoke, and were absolutely dire against Forest. As another poster who is pro Big Dave said - "The home form is very worrying now and 7 wins in 16 and 1 win in over 2 months is relegation form"

Many around me on Tuesday had seen enough and yes many still were in the pro Big Dave camp. We all love Albion and loved Big Dave as a player but how long should we let this continue? It's not just the same old mistakes week in week out, it's selections, formation and no plan B. Lets hope Livermore on present form is replaced on Saturday, and nobody will be be happy unless Harper is starting as he should. It does not look like Gayle will be on the wing, as he will no doubt be suspended.

Everybody wants Big Dave to do well - granted. Then again, nobody will want to twist ( worst case scenario ) when it's too late. The next three games could make or break our automatic place.

On past few performances - why should anyone feel confident going to Vile or QPR?

Afternoon 123. The win at Bolton was certainly not comfortable against a very poor Bolton side, and the display was awful - we scraped it against Stoke, and were absolutely dire against Forest. As another poster who is pro Big Dave said - "The home form is very worrying now and 7 wins in 16 and 1 win in over 2 months is relegation form"

Many around me on Tuesday had seen enough and yes many still were in the pro Big Dave camp. We all love Albion and loved Big Dave as a player but how long should we let this continue? It's not just the same old mistakes week in week out, it's selections, formation and no plan B. Lets hope Livermore on present form is replaced on Saturday, and nobody will be be happy unless Harper is starting as he should. It does not look like Gayle will be on the wing, as he will no doubt be suspended.

Everybody wants Big Dave to do well - granted. Then again, nobody will want to twist ( worst case scenario ) when it's too late. The next three games could make or break our automatic place.

On past few performances - why should anyone feel confident going to Vile or QPR?
    I thought we were very comfortable against both Bolton and Stoke, but we were awful on Tuesday granted.

Still question remains, who would come in and do a better job than BD?

I feel confident about Villa & QPR, both of them are in freefall. And our away form is pretty good, we've won 6 out of the last 7 away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I thought we were very comfortable against both Bolton and Stoke, but we were awful on Tuesday granted.

Still question remains, who would come in and do a better job than BD?

I feel confident about Villa & QPR, both of them are in freefall. And our away form is pretty good, we've won 6 out of the last 7 away from home.

We were awful against Bolton in my view - similar to Forest in that two passes could not be strung together and its a good job Field scored. Stoke was OK but would not have said it was over convincing but we deserved it.

In terms of someone coming in - well Moore is not experienced and still very tactically unaware, so there could be a number of people. I hope it does not come to that! Then again, there will be a mighty lot of pissed off people, if it's too late to twist, as we have just got to get back up this year!

Personally, I don't feel confident at Vile. I hope, I am wrong!

Moore is a good manager.
    You cant win every game.
    IT REALLY IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT. How many of us on here are honest enough to say that when it comes to the choices Darren makes we HAVE NO IDEA WHY HE MAKES THOSE CHOICES, BECAUSE WE ACTUALLY KNOW ZIP! We don't see who is doing what in training....We don't see attitudes...We haven't watched the video with the lads regarding what the game plan is etc, etc.......YET...WE KNOW SO MUCH!
    I'm backing Moore, and that's after I was dubious. He has won me over but I still have respect for other teams who can come to us and give us a game and maybe on the day WIN.
    It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Moore is a good manager.
    You cant win every game.
    IT REALLY IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT. How many of us on here are honest enough to say that when it comes to the choices Darren makes we HAVE NO IDEA WHY HE MAKES THOSE CHOICES, BECAUSE WE ACTUALLY KNOW ZIP! We don't see who is doing what in training....We don't see attitudes...We haven't watched the video with the lads regarding what the game plan is etc, etc.......YET...WE KNOW SO MUCH!
    I'm backing Moore, and that's after I was dubious. He has won me over but I still have respect for other teams who can come to us and give us a game and maybe on the day WIN.
    It happens.

That's your opinion Boingy, but it's not my opinion or that of many others who paid good money and traveled for hours on Tuesday to see utter rubbish - same mistakes time and time again, and no plan B. I hope the home form of late which is relegation, starts to change. Nobody has any idea why Big Dave plays Gayle on the wing, and prefers Livermore for Field, and still can't get these simple suicidal back passes right.

What next - Harper dropped again for Saturday? Murphy in again? Chrissy Brunt in place of Gayle ( if suspended ) on the wing!

I hope things get better as quite simply - we must go up! Next 3 games are crucial so if we twist at some point - lets pray it's still when we have a chance of going up.

Vile and QPR are there for the taking! Will we get at least 4 points which is the minimum of what we need to catch Leeds/Norwich?

Not confident - are you?
    Last edited by baggieal; 14-02-2019 at 03:43 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)