+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: OT. Shamima Begum

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Take your word for that. Very difficult situation isn’t it...so what would you do?
    I’m a law abiding fellah and we have enough keyboard barristers so I would let the law take its course, but I’m also a fellah who doesn’t want to give an inch to the ideology she supports so I hope the law prevents her return. My opinion is that she will return, that she will avoid prosecution and thereafter obtain lifelong protection at the costs estimated kick in
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 27-02-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Perhaps her Dutch husband should accomodate her?
    Political asylum?

All I know is this. To have her back here is dangerous.
    Her own father didn't want her back. He condemned her actions and her beliefs in ISIS.

If she comes back, she is a danger to the public, either lcoked up or not. All it takes is her to convert someone to her thinking.

So you would have to lock her up for life, to keep that seed out of the UK.

Anyone remember this from these camps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW_7...hannel=SkyNews

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Apart from costing you and I between £250-400 thou per year for protection in U.K. according to an expert on the wireless yesterday
    "According to" is a very convenient phrase, it generally means "Not verified". Yes there is a cost to maintaining a democratic society where laws are respected and enforced. If she is imprisoned, or monitored undergoes a deradicalization programme or whatever, it will cost money. There are countries where this is not the case, they use less subtle solutions, does the UK want to go down that road?

How can we hold countries who break international laws to account if we do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    "According to" is a very convenient phrase, it generally means "Not verified". Yes there is a cost to maintaining a democratic society where laws are respected and enforced. If she is imprisoned, or monitored undergoes a deradicalization programme or whatever, it will cost money. There are countries where this is not the case, they use less subtle solutions, does the UK want to go down that road?

How can we hold countries who break international laws to account if we do the same?
    I fear you’re wasting your time, Swale. It seems to be reactionary twaddle day on here today.
    There’s a part of me that would love to see b**tards like Mick Philpott and other horrendous wrongdoers hung, drawn and quartered, but we’re better than that.
    Your final sentence above is the most meaningful of all that have been written on this subject imo. If people can’t understand that, and GP by definition clearly doesn’t, then further debate is futile.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I fear you’re wasting your time, Swale. It seems to be reactionary twaddle day on here today.
    There’s a part of me that would love to see b**tards like Mick Philpott and other horrendous wrongdoers hung, drawn and quartered, but we’re better than that.
    Your final sentence above is the most meaningful of all that have been written on this subject imo. If people can’t understand that, and GP by definition clearly doesn’t, then further debate is futile.
    I know rA and I really should follow my own council, and in the scheme of things this sort of stuff on tinternet isn't important. But I do feel it necessary to put an opposing point of view over as life is not as black and white as some people make out, these are complex issues which need to be handled properly by government.

Unfortunately there is and has been for a while an ongoing culture war which deals in a different reality - so you get the Tories in Scotland clamouring for wee Krankie's regisnation for an alleged breaking of the ministerial code, but in England Patel keeps her job rank hypocrisy. You get Williamson pushing a "free speech" law, claiming in parliament that Germain Greer was "cancelled" when actually she wasn't! You get a media frothing about a private company choosing to change its brand, obviously recognising that in todays society it would be of benefit to the company to do so, then I'm called reactionary for expressing amazement at a poster starting a thread on such an irrelevant subject.

These things a are complex, but what matters is that the government of the Uk is seen to uphold the law, not try and use it to dump a problem person elsewhere.

"According to" is a very convenient phrase, it generally means "Not verified".
    That's why I included the words. It was an anecdote from someone without an apparent agenda who was being interviewed on one of the BBC news progs yesterday

Unfortunately there is and has been for a while an ongoing culture war which deals in a different reality - so you get the Tories in Scotland clamouring for wee Krankie's regisnation for an alleged breaking of the ministerial code, but in England Patel keeps her job rank hypocrisy. You get Williamson pushing a "free speech" law, claiming in parliament that Germain Greer was "cancelled" when actually she wasn't!
    What have those examples got to do with a 'culture war'? they seem to be just the nornal business of government (any administration) to me.

What have those examples got to do with a 'culture war'? they seem to be just the nornal business of government (any administration) to me.
    In that all governments of whatever colour do things they think are expedient and will play well with their voting base, your right. The other part of my post was in general response to rA on other posts, and the reaction of some that is based in the same vein towards the subjects in those posts.

In that all governments of whatever colour do things they think are expedient and will play well with their voting base, your right. The other part of my post was in general response to rA on other posts, and the reaction of some that is based in the same vein towards the subjects in those posts.
    In which case raise the bunting I probably agree on both points. the former is a matter of degree, the current shower are probably upper half but not upper quartile, Williamson's an easy hit because he just has such an awful demeanour

I'm not sure 'culture' is the right word, although some might say 'cultured v uncultured'. And yes, its also more complicated than that

In which case raise the bunting I probably agree on both points. the former is a matter of degree, the current shower are probably upper half but not upper quartile, Williamson's an easy hit because he just has such an awful demeanour

I'm not sure 'culture' is the right word, although some might say 'cultured v uncultured'. And yes, its also more complicated than that
    Agree about Williamson’s ‘demeanour’, AF...not just that though...he’s about the only bloke on the planet who is less competent than this idiotic French referee in the Wales v England match.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)