+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you thick or stupid Darren Moore?

Are you thick or stupid Darren Moore?

With such shocking home form, Sheffield U must have been licking their lips at once again a stupid formation 4-3-3. So OK, when we were overrun in midfield - what did Mr intelligent do? f uck all as usual!

Barry was found out against fast slick players and too slow. Harper ( I am a fan ) decided to have a poor game, and Livermore - what the feck does this man provide? He's absolute ****e and consistently ****e.

Holgate failed to hardly get a pass to one of our players all night. We fecked about playing the ball out from the defense again - do we never learn!!! Even in injury time with the free kick we lost possession for pissing around with the ball! Does Moore not get it!!!

Montero looked decent when he came on so begs the question - why did he not come on earlier and why we did not introduce either Field or Johansen or both! I would have subbed Rodriguez and added another midfielder and put Gayle in his natural position - in the CENTRE!!! Does Moore not get it?

Sorry - I have lost it with Darren Moore! He will cost us promotion so would make the change if we fail to get three points at Leeds!! These performances can not go on and two poor teams such as Vile and QPR was papering over the cracks and we nearly blew it on Tuesday - same old same old yet again!

Don't think we had one decent chance all game and to be honest Sheffield had about four! That's how poor we were set up - yet again!

Perhaps somebody should draw a picture to Moore which illustrates why our form at home is relegation in 2019. Does he not get it!!!

Not a one off! Have Norwich or Leeds played so many consistently poor games - NO!!! Why not? Well - it comes back to tactically astute managers.

Very angry!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    With such shocking home form, Sheffield U must have been licking their lips at once again a stupid formation 4-3-3. So OK, when we were overrun in midfield - what did Mr intelligent do? f uck all as usual!

Barry was found out against fast slick players and too slow. Harper ( I am a fan ) decided to have a poor game, and Livermore - what the feck does this man provide? He's absolute ****e and consistently ****e.

Holgate failed to hardly get a pass to one of our players all night. We fecked about playing the ball out from the defense again - do we never learn!!! Even in injury time with the free kick we lost possession for pissing around with the ball! Does Moore not get it!!!

Montero looked decent when he came on so begs the question - why did he not come on earlier and why we did not introduce either Field or Johansen or both! I would have subbed Rodriguez and added another midfielder and put Gayle in his natural position - in the CENTRE!!! Does Moore not get it?

Sorry - I have lost it with Darren Moore! He will cost us promotion so would make the change if we fail to get three points at Leeds!! These performances can not go on and two poor teams such as Vile and QPR was papering over the cracks and we nearly blew it on Tuesday - same old same old yet again!

Don't think we had one decent chance all game and to be honest Sheffield had about four! That's how poor we were set up - yet again!

Perhaps somebody should draw a picture to Moore which illustrates why our form at home is relegation in 2019. Does he not get it!!!

Not a one off! Have Norwich or Leeds played so many consistently poor games - NO!!! Why not? Well - it comes back to tactically astute managers.

Very angry!!!!
    You put it so much more elegantly than me Al but your spot on about fannying around at the back which will cost us in the long run.it does my but in we ain't good enough full stop,the whole stadium can see it but not moore

The last time I looked you could only make 3 substitutions you have named 4 players you would have taken off and that's without the injury to Hegazi, and you call Moore thick, Phillips was never going to play for more than 60 mins we were beaten by a team that was very well organised and worked incredibly hard as you rightly say the midfield were poor tonight so was Holgate J Rod and Gibbs it doesn't matter who you play against with so many players having a poor game you will struggle to beat anyone let alone Sheff Utd.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    The last time I looked you could only make 3 substitutions you have named 4 players you would have taken off and that's without the injury to Hegazi, and you call Moore thick, Phillips was never going to play for more than 60 mins we were beaten by a team that was very well organised and worked incredibly hard as you rightly say the midfield were poor tonight so was Holgate J Rod and Gibbs it doesn't matter who you play against with so many players having a poor game you will struggle to beat anyone let alone Sheff Utd.

A team who is "well organised" - you have hit the nail on the head! Why are we rarely ever organised? The organisation comes from the manager with formation and selection!!!! So many can see at home we should be playing a 4-4-2 so why can't Moore? Is Gayle a winger FFS? No so why is he played in that position?

You forget to mention our form at home since 2019 is absolutely shocking so this is no one off!!! Should we let it continue???

As for f ucking around with the ball at the back - my GOD it's incredible. We do not have good enough players to do this, and we were caught out again by a poor QPR team and again almost tonight on a couple of occasions. Losing possession with a free kick in injury time because of this too was the perfect example.

We will go no-where with Moore in charge. Leeds and Norwich are where they are for a reason, and no it's not just because their squad is better - comes back to your - "well organised"

Dropping from the Premier League and not having one decent chance tonight is pathetic!!! Is this a one off - look at our home form and figure it out!
    Last edited by baggieal; 23-02-2019 at 09:04 PM.

From Moore!

“We needed a little bit more energy to get around the pitch and we didn’t have that for whatever reason.

“The players gave everything and I can’t ask much more than that.

Idiot!!! Had we not been overrun in midfield with the 4-3-3 then perhaps there would have been more energy. The players gave everything - not in my opinion as hardly any passes went to our players, and yet again too much pissing about at the back - once again as there is in every match.

Might be an idea if he tries to figure out why we have dropped so many points at home and there's a reason for that! Come on Darren - even you can get it!

DM is not thick but he is extremely stubborn. He has stated that he will continue playing the ball out from the back even though our home results are 'killing us'. As I've stated before, visitors have sussed us out and play a high line against us. Johnstone is obviously under orders as sometimes he takes an age to pass the ball out from the back. He then passes to one of our players who then passes it back to him, so we're back to where we started, except that Johnstone is under more pressure than if he kicked the ball upfield in the first place. As someone has already stated, we had the ridiculous situation today that with little time to go, instead of lofting the ball into their penalty area, we play it around the back, and guess what, we lose possession. Ridiculous!

I fully expected to win today, but no, another defeat following the same pattern as many other home games this season. We should be top of this division but while we persist in this style of play, absolutely no chance.We haven't won a home game since Boxing Day and to be honest, I'm not surprised. We look a poor side at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    DM is not thick but he is extremely stubborn. He has stated that he will continue playing the ball out from the back even though our home results are 'killing us'. As I've stated before, visitors have sussed us out and play a high line against us. Johnstone is obviously under orders as sometimes he takes an age to pass the ball out from the back. He then passes to one of our players who then passes it back to him, so we're back to where we started, except that Johnstone is under more pressure than if he kicked the ball upfield in the first place. As someone has already stated, we had the ridiculous situation today that with little time to go, instead of lofting the ball into their penalty area, we play it around the back, and guess what, we lose possession. Ridiculous!

I fully expected to win today, but no, another defeat following the same pattern as many other home games this season. We should be top of this division but while we persist in this style of play, absolutely no chance.We haven't won a home game since Boxing Day and to be honest, I'm not surprised. We look a poor side at home.

Well i think he is thick, he looks thick, though to be fair most footballers are, that's why they are footballers.
    I have said time and again that football is a simple game, but coaches make it a difficult one.
    We probably have the best squad in the division, so where we are is a vast underachievement.
    Anyone with half a brain would know to play football out from the back you have to have footballers.

Insanity is ding the same thing over and over and expecting different result's. - Einstein.

I'm not suggesting Darren is insane, but he's certainly thick.

Passing out from the back will work if used occasionally and thoughtfully. If the opposition know you are going to do it they will have players poised to quickly close us down and put us under pressure. If we drive it long, to the halfway line then those opposing players will have to drop back or leave their teammates outnumbered and will also be offside if the ball comes back our way.
    The fact that Moore can't see this suggests he isn't good enough for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Passing out from the back will work if used occasionally and thoughtfully. If the opposition know you are going to do it they will have players poised to quickly close us down and put us under pressure. If we drive it long, to the halfway line then those opposing players will have to drop back or leave their teammates outnumbered and will also be offside if the ball comes back our way.
    Lazy journalism......cutting and pasting the same answer between threads :-))

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Or maybe it's more down to Jones running the show, certainly has his fingerprints all over it.all his team's as number 2 were vulnerable to conceding goals

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)