+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 'weakened' Celtic

'weakened' Celtic

A pal shared the Celtic team with me...far from full strength. Still better than us ofc but this is indeed a chance...

Doesn't matter a jot, 0-2 at half time and not at the races. We actually haven't played too badly, we are just out of our depth against a far superior side. Tom Aldred was forced off early on and that seems to have affected us.

Least we got a bit of a giggle on the way...

Hopefully it's all out of the system by Wednesday.

In the end a 4-1 defeat which we can have no arguments against. We didn't play badly, we were just undone by a side with far more quality, strength and pace than we have. We actually played alot better today than we did against them at Fir Park in December when we sneaked a draw.

I'll take the 'positive' from the utter seethe from Celtic and in particular, Tom Boyd at our goal. Their side may have won 4-1 but that's the only thing consuming their mindsets after that.

For the record, I am glad we played on when we did. There is nothing in the laws of the game that state that the ball must be given back and given that it was against a side/club who have cheated us twice in high profile matches fairly recently and couldn't even bring themselves to admit they got lucky then I have zero sympathy for them.
    Last edited by LawSteelman; 24-02-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Aye, no complaints or accusations toward the team from me.

I was also delighted we scored how we did - 1) I hate the practice of kicking the ball out and 2) there will be dozens, if not hundreds, of Rangers sad sacks wasting their Sunday evening frantically searching for when Celtic did the same thing.

The only shame is it has absolutely delighted Celtic fans but two out of three ain't bad...

It was sad that a section of the Celtic crowd cheered when Carl McHugh was stretchered off. No need for that. To be fair many of them also applauded him.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Aye, no complaints or accusations toward the team from me.

I was also delighted we scored how we did - 1) I hate the practice of kicking the ball out and 2) there will be dozens, if not hundreds, of Rangers sad sacks wasting their Sunday evening frantically searching for when Celtic did the same thing.

The only shame is it has absolutely delighted Celtic fans but two out of three ain't bad...
    Got to say it's something that really irks me is this practice of kicking the ball out if a player goes down. How many times have you seen the ball going out of play then the player gets straight back up again. Game stopped for nothing. If a game has to be stopped then leave it to the Ref to do so. I was delighted we scored from it as the Celtic fans went on meltdown on social media which I found incredibly amusing.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)