+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Message to MadAmster

Message to MadAmster

I did reply on the other thread but somehow that thread got corrupted.
    Anyway, referring to Forest's average gates during the 2 successful Euro Cup campaigns. This was definitely 32k. This figure is derived by taking the total attendances for the 8 games and dividing that figure by 8. The original poster made reference to "winning stars" so my calculation was based on that.

Thanks for the clarification redman. We were talking different things. You the EC games and I took the League games. In either case it's not very good.

The averages were poor in both League and EC when you consider you had 41K for the visit of Spurs and 38K for Liverpool in the League. Your capacity would have been mid to high 40s. Averages under 30K in the League and 32K for European games when compared to the gates you had against Spurs, Liverpool and Man U would have been high as well....... it is poor and is what prompted Brian Clough to ask what he had to do to get the fans to fill the ground......

Seriously, if you could only average 32K in the European Cup when winning it back to back and less than 30K in the League in those 2 highly successful seasons, how do you expect to fill a 38K stadium now or even in the PL should you ever get back there?

I'm not sneering just to have a go at you lot. If one of the most successful sides in English football ever can't manage a League average of 30K, how do you expect a far less successful side to hit 38K on a regular basis?

Derby also have plans to expand to 44K following promotion to the PL followed by not being relegated in season 1 back there. We;d fill it half a dozen times a season for the visit if Manarsechelspool Citeh and your good selves if you were also up there but that would be that. Rest of the time low 30s and lots of empty seats.

IMO neither plan is a realistic one.

I hovered over the title of this thread to see the preview of content, and "2 Euro Cups" was in the small text box. Surprised really, did you win 2 European Cups then?

[QUOTE=AdiSalisbury;39160003]I hovered over the title of this thread to see the preview of content, and "2 Euro Cups" was in the small text box. Surprised really, did you win 2 European Cups then?[/QUOT

Adi don't tell me they never told you what those two stars are for I spent years thinking they got them for their two unsuccessful years in Div 3. Good job they didn't get it for league titles they would only have one
    Last edited by mistaram; 01-03-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)