+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greg Stewart

He also wasnt reading Cosgroves knock ons, some of which were very good

Very poor game

But why do we insist on playing him out on the wing and McLennan through the centre ? Both completely wasted there and should be swapped around.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    But why do we insist on playing him out on the wing and McLennan through the centre ? Both completely wasted there and should be swapped around.
    This was the most baffling thing about it. It wasn't as if Stewart was playing wide to make room for a second striker like May or Wilson to partner Cosgrove up top... he was shifted to wide right, so that McLennan (who is an out and out right winger) could play in the centre behind the striker (the position that Stewart is best in).

Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    This was the most baffling thing about it. It wasn't as if Stewart was playing wide to make room for a second striker like May or Wilson to partner Cosgrove up top... he was shifted to wide right, so that McLennan (who is an out and out right winger) could play in the centre behind the striker (the position that Stewart is best in).

Bizarre.
    I didn't see the game as I was working but if that was the case, it sounds like DMs been over thinking things again. Trying to outfox the opposition..

He slows play down and allows extra defenders back into the box. Our downfall in the bad home run is our inabillity to get behind such defences, and Stewart’s style, and his tendency to get stuck in tight spaces is adding no penetrative threat to our play.

And that’s fit I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

Bizarre.
    My guess is that in the last match Stewart gave Barisic a roasting all night so McInnes played him there to try to get the same success again. I have no problem with that except that after it was obvious that this wasn’t working (15-20) mins they should have swapped positions to put Stewart into his preferred position and McLennan into his

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    My guess is that in the last match Stewart gave Barisic a roasting all night so McInnes played him there to try to get the same success again. I have no problem with that except that after it was obvious that this wasn’t working (15-20) mins they should have swapped positions to put Stewart into his preferred position and McLennan into his
    That would admitting he was wrong and we all know Mr McInnes is a wee bit stubborn in that regard

Thought he was bang average.
    Him wide & McLennan central was very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Terrible today. Far too easy off the ball and cost the corner by being a fanny
    I thought he was awful today as well,like last season it is blatantly obvious to everyone apart from McInnes that he is not a winger but I think since he has came back he has looked the shadow of a player that was at Kilmarnock in the first half of the season.

Personally I thought he would be a good signing if played in the right position but he doesn’t seem to suit our style of play,there is the argument that McInnes needs to get the best out of him which is true but at the same time I think he is probably suited to a club like Kilmarnock or Dundee.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Simply because Derek just signs players that are available as opposed to ones who will fit in. However you have to ask why did Greg Stewart come back here after how Derek used him last season.
    This sounds pretty much like nail on the head to me, but maybe DM filled head of sh1te and told him things would be different this time around, which in reality and especially after watching yesterdays game is just nae happening.
    It's once again a classic example of square pegs / round holes scenario from our illustrious leader.
    It's clear there is a football player in Greg Stewart he was consistently one of the best performers for Killie, but now it's like Deja Vu and the peer lad who admitted himself that he felt he had unfinished business with us, will leave at the end of the season and still have unfinished business and again I blame DM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast