+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi Final v The Great Unwashed/Victim FC

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Whether or not Ball should've got the first yellow or not, and I can't bring myself to watch that embarrassing pish again, he's a professional player who knows he's walking a tightrope. Therefore why go in recklessly when the ball is harmlessly in the middle of the park and give that d1ck of a referee a decision that he enjoys making.

Lewis Ferguson's two footed lunge was also disgraceful way to treat his teammates leaving them with 9 v 11 for 20+ minutes.

They both sold the jerseys and you can't help but wonder if they took their Sevco affiliations on the park whilst wearing the red.

If so, the pair of them can get tae f@ck in my mind...
    I was warming to Ball getting a contract with us but you are right, he should have known better. That's two semi finals he's made a Jeremy Hunt of.

Ferguson's challenge was stupid but he's 19 and frustrated because of the brain farting dross around him.

I can see Lewis wanting out. Pissing against the wind with the way things go.

Signing Dom Ball and giving Considine a new contract isn’t going to solve our problems.

More of the same brain fart moments next season I’m afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Which one?
    Its plainly obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Any links?
    Plenty, but I really can't be @rsed this morning to get into a flaming spiral with you.

Its just my opinion based on your posting history.
    Feel free to prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanFatche View Post
    Whether the first yellow was justified or not, having already been given it, to then jump into a challenge with his eyes closed and turned away from the ball was utter stupidity. It's deflection from Ball's lack of professionalism to blame the referee. It's time we looked at ourselves and realised that things are just not good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Whether or not Ball should've got the first yellow or not, and I can't bring myself to watch that embarrassing pish again, he's a professional player who knows he's walking a tightrope. Therefore why go in recklessly when the ball is harmlessly in the middle of the park and give that d1ck of a referee a decision that he enjoys making.

Lewis Ferguson's two footed lunge was also disgraceful way to treat his teammates leaving them with 9 v 11 for 20+ minutes.

They both sold the jerseys and you can't help but wonder if they took their Sevco affiliations on the park whilst wearing the red.

If so, the pair of them can get tae f@ck in my mind...
    I agree with you that Ball was never going to win the ball so was reckless in going in for it, no deflection.
    I still think "The Craig Thompson Show" ruined yet another game.
    He seems to have a history of doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Its plainly obvious

Plenty, but I really can't be @rsed this morning to get into a flaming spiral with you.

Its just my opinion based on your posting history.
    Feel free to prove me wrong.
    So none then. Thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Maybe I’ve not been here long enough, but I’ve never been convinced you are a supporter of Aberdeen Football Club.
    We’ll see if there is a difference when McInness eventually moves on.
    Some fan you are. Maybe when we leaves you'll finally spell his name properly.

#BottomRed

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We do what we do best....hardly trouble the opposition goalkeeper. We need a total rethink of our approach to playing football in the summer. Our negativity has finally caught up with us.
    Not often I agree - but this time I think it's spot on.

That result/display yesterday has been coming for a while. OK - no Logan, Shinnie, GMS, McGinn but that really just shows up the club/McInnes' signing strategy. Wilson, Gleeson, Forrester - ? Even Halford -signed as back-up right back - not used when our right back is red carded. Devlin - bought whilst injured and now cant shift Considine.

Style of play? Yesterday was an embarrasment - bang it up to big Sam operating up front with no support. I'm sure that Celtic allowed him to go for it unchallenged cos they knew he could do nothing with it.

Wilson is ready to come on before Ferguson is sent off. Change made - brings on Gleeson. Fine - but why then wait 15 minutes (?) to bring on Wilson?

Going back to the quote
    "we really need a total rethink of our approach"

Our approach to ALL aspects of the game and the club's relationship with the supporters.

We played an almost fully fit Celtic team with a team minus 4 or 5 of our better players. The bench summed the situation up. We still had a bit of shape until the sending off but geezo it caved in after that.

Every one of the celtic players on their bench (other than De Vries) would have waltzed into our first team even if we had a fully fit squad. That says everything about the gap in available finances as well as how poor our recruitment has been. I've said it before and will say it again, the only way we will effectively compete is to be much better at bringing through higher quality youngsters as well as picking up younger Scottish players for a modest fee (like Ferguson). Why aren't we all over the Motherwell youngsters???

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Every one of the celtic players on their bench (other than De Vries) would have waltzed into our first team even if we had a fully fit squad. That says everything about the gap in available finances as well as how poor our recruitment has been. I've said it before and will say it again, the only way we will effectively compete is to be much better at bringing through higher quality youngsters as well as picking up younger Scottish players for a modest fee (like Ferguson). Why aren't we all over the Motherwell youngsters???
    Because we can't afford the Motherwell youngsters.
    And the one who is coming out of contract, Hastie, is already attracting English clubs, so treble what we'd pay.
    Turnbull has just signed a new contract, so you're looking at say 500k minimum maybe?

I agree with the principle though - predominantly, but not exclusively, youth is the way to go.

The scouting is a bane of mine - the perennial trawling of overly expensive lower league English based players is myopic and lazy.

Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast