+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Nae Dens Park thread?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Aye it doesn’t stack up.
    Apparently the wage bill has increased though I think?
    That’s why I think the likes of Gleeson & Wilson will be replaced on the bench by younger, cheaper options.

Potentially £11m in the kitty if Fraser gets his move & we sell McKenna though.
    All aboard the Aurora Express.
    We could sell McKenna for £6 million and get £4 million for Fraser and the Aberdeen board will still say there’s no money available to strengthen the squad.

And they will have the cheek to say it’s the fans fault for not putting enough money into the club.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    We could sell McKenna for £6 million and get £4 million for Fraser and the Aberdeen board will still say there’s no money available to strengthen the squad.

And they will have the cheek to say it’s the fans fault for not putting enough money into the club.
    That would just be plain stupid.
    It would also make the anti-Kingsford clan grow in numbers.

Everyone understands that the majority of that £10m-£11m would go to the new stadium, but a decent amount has to be fed back in to the “football operation”.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    You’re probably right.
    I reckon there’s s decent chance that’ll happen.

McKenna
    Lowe
    Gleeson
    Shinnie
    Stewart
    GMS
    Halford
    Wilson

That’s 8 that will likely be gone from the 18 that are stripped each week.

How many will be replaced?
    5?
    The likes of Sam Roscoe, Dean Campbell, Ethan Ross may feature more?

Given our recruitment under McInnes & Richardson over the last two summers, and given we’ve a confirmed interest in the likes of Main, Pittman & Shaughnessy it might not be a bad thing to go with the younger ones?

Our scouting (lack of) is a huge bug bear of mine.
    You can add those already gone who were here last summer...

Reynolds
    Hoban
    Tansey

And I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Scott Wright and Frank Ross weren't here next season. Dom Ball will also be away (although I wouldn't be surprised if we signed him permanently).

I expect Dean Campbell might get more game time and Bruce Anderson might get to sit on the bench alongside Ethan Ross a bit more often.

We need to be signing better than Main, Pittman and Shaughnessy though. These are average players in bottom 6 teams - they're Tansey-esque signings.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021