+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New captain

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Completely agree. It's about leadership and showing by example, particularly when things are going against you. Look at yesterday when we went 2-0 down. All the heads went down and very little effort thereafter. Would the result have been different if Shinnie had been playing? Probably not, but the effort levels would have been higher. It's also little things like being in the ref's ear all the time. Did you see Brown and Rogic yesterday, forever at Beaton. Who did that for us without Shinnie yesterday? Nobody. Devlin would be my choice if he could recover his form, but at the moment he doesn't merit a place in the team.
    Shouldn't need to be named captain and wear an armband to show leadership qualities.

Guys you mention were in teams full if leaders and would of played the game the same way without the armband

One of the most pointless things to worry about as far as im concerned

We dont have a fearless leader running the Club so i dont see why we should expect one on the pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    Shouldn't need to be named captain and wear an armband to show leadership qualities.

Guys you mention were in teams full if leaders and would of played the game the same way without the armband

One of the most pointless things to worry about as far as im concerned
    It would be good to hear the view of players under said captains.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    It would be good to hear the view of players under said captains.
    If you need someone wearing an armband to set an example of how to do your job, then your in the wrong job

I agree, but we're not all the same character. A top captain is a valuable thing.

Wasn't Mark Kerr captain in one of the most feeble Dons sides in living memory? Was Richard Foster not skipper around the same time? I think the captaincy matters a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsClock4am View Post
    Wasn't Mark Kerr captain in one of the most feeble Dons sides in living memory? Was Richard Foster not skipper around the same time? I think the captaincy matters a lot.
    I am not sure what was the biggest disgrace, Kerr or Foster as captain?

I think the captain is important. We're pish without Shinnie and I don't think he's a great player but the other players take their lead from him..
    We're not the same team without him which doesn't bode well for the 5hite McInnes is about to subject us to next season

Dilemma indeed
    McKenna if he stayed. Joe Lewis perhaps
    Problem is the rest of the squad are not captain material.
    Depends on the defination of captain, someone who just attends the coin toss up or a leader who organizes the team, rally the players, encourages the players.
    A part from the two I have mentioned, just dont see any leaders on the park
    Perhaps a new one might help

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    Never get the fuss about who the captain is, why does it matter?
    It is absolutely paramount, Brown was in Beaton's ear all day yesterday, for some reason as was Rogic......Scott has a lot of learning to do, the time wasting by Tierney/Hayes would not have been acceptable with leadership and Beaton would have had to address the issues and communicate accordingly to the captain, anyway, Scott is an excellent prospect and in time will be an asset, perhaps even captain for a bigger club than the once michty.

SF

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast