+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New captain

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Give it to Paul Coutts
    Did McInnes assume he was taking in Shaughnessy, Coutts or both when he said that?

Ferguson is my pick too

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    Did McInnes assume he was taking in Shaughnessy, Coutts or both when he said that?

Ferguson is my pick too
    The captaincy in football is a bit overplayed.
    As a team, there should be two or three who bark orders, organise, kick up the a**e, or whatever is needed.
    Harangue the officials too, make sure we get what we should.

That said, I wouldn’t lumber young Fergie with it.
    Let him develop & avoid “second season syndrome”.

I’ll reserve judgement until after a few more signings are in.
    I’ll caveat that by saying I don’t expect anything too exciting coming in.

Th

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The captaincy in football is a bit overplayed.
    As a team, there should be two or three who bark orders, organise, kick up the a**e, or whatever is needed.
    Harangue the officials too, make sure we get what we should.

That said, I wouldn’t lumber young Fergie with it.
    Let him develop & avoid “second season syndrome”.

I’ll reserve judgement until after a few more signings are in.
    I’ll caveat that by saying I don’t expect anything too exciting coming in.

Th
    Agree - the goalkeeper should be organising his defence anyway, so seems pointless making him captain. I'd always favour a defender or midfielder, who can drive the team forward and get in the refs ear - as Shinnie did very well. I can't see any of our current bunch with that attitude other than Ferguson.

Having said that, I do share the same fears about lumbering him with it too young - but he seems like the kind of lad who might thrive on it.

I wouldn't be a fan of giving the captaincy to a new signing who's just come in the door, hasn't proved himself and hasn't got the backing of the dressing room because nobody knows him.

To be fair, picking a captain is probably least of our worries just now - finding 3 or 4 quality players to go into our starting 11 is the main focus!

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Any change of thoughts who could be leading the Dons out next season as captain? Ash Taylor could be the man if Scott McKenna gets punted to English football for big bucks.
    No change of thoughts from me pal, give it to Donkey Cosgrove absolutely nothing would surprise me as to what our illustrious will do next, to bring us on to the next level, looks like he will stop at nothing to achieve third place in the league

Never mind though, onwards and upwards

I think nearly all of agree that Joe Lewis hasn’t been a great captain. Scott Brown will be the favourite to wear the armband next season and let’s be honest...he certainly shows more leadership than any of our current squad.

I think nearly all of agree that Joe Lewis hasn’t been a great captain. Scott Brown will be the favourite to wear the armband next season and let’s be honest...he certainly shows more leadership than any of our current squad.
    It has to be Brown , I’m pretty sure that will have been agreed already . Joe Lewis is a nice guy who loves the area and likes to play golf etc but he isn’t a captain in a million years . He’s been a good keeper but he probably epitomises the Signings of the DM era .

Exactly and i think we will have 2 captains as broon might only play every 2nd or sometimes evry 3rd game. Him and Ferguson will take the captaincy and broon when he's playing well be captain and Ferguson the understudy. Makes sense.

It can't be Brown.

It'll be Ferguson.

I reckon it will be club captain Brown and team captain Ferguson, or some compromise concoction like that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Max View Post
    I reckon it will be club captain Brown and team captain Ferguson, or some compromise concoction like that.
    Probably something like that , I’d give it to Shay Logan with Fergie vice captain and Brown relief Vice Captain and Joe Lewis the back up to the relief vice captain .

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast