+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New captain

New captain

We will definitely be losing Graeme Shinnie in the summer so we need a new club captain. Scott McKenna currently will more than likely be the choice but if he is sold (which I am beginning to very much doubt due to a lack of offers) who gets the nod?
    Andrew Considine will certainly be in McInnes’ thoughts and that would probably sum up what we expect.
    Joe Lewis I don’t think will get it as certain managers don’t like goalkeepers being a captain.

Maybe we will be signing a new captain?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We will definitely be losing Graeme Shinnie in the summer so we need a new club captain. Scott McKenna currently will more than likely be the choice but if he is sold (which I am beginning to very much doubt due to a lack of offers) who gets the nod?
    Andrew Considine will certainly be in McInnes’ thoughts and that would probably sum up what we expect.
    Joe Lewis I don’t think will get it as certain managers don’t like goalkeepers being a captain.

Sam Cosgrove

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post

Never get the fuss about who the captain is, why does it matter?

Why does it matter? Did you see the news last week and the influence a real captain has on the whole club. Were you around when Willie led from the front? Keane? Adams? Greig? Top class pros and successful teams. Just an opinion, but they matter. Would Loganbe an option, maybe get his head back on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Why does it matter? Did you see the news last week and the influence a real captain has on the whole club. Were you around when Willie led from the front? Keane? Adams? Greig? Top class pros and successful teams. Just an opinion, but they matter. Would Loganbe an option, maybe get his head back on the game.
    Completely agree. It's about leadership and showing by example, particularly when things are going against you. Look at yesterday when we went 2-0 down. All the heads went down and very little effort thereafter. Would the result have been different if Shinnie had been playing? Probably not, but the effort levels would have been higher. It's also little things like being in the ref's ear all the time. Did you see Brown and Rogic yesterday, forever at Beaton. Who did that for us without Shinnie yesterday? Nobody. Devlin would be my choice if he could recover his form, but at the moment he doesn't merit a place in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    Never get the fuss about who the captain is, why does it matter?
    I would really like a captain that said to the players once McInnes has given his prematch talk just to disregard what the gaffer has instructed us to do...change of plan, we are going to win this match by having a go.

Lewis Ferguson for captain!

If McKenna stays it’ll be him.
    If he leaves, it’ll be Joe Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    If McKenna stays it’ll be him.
    His run and cross yesterday must have bumped another million or 2 on to his price tag. It was a thing of beauty, deserved a goal on the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    His run and cross yesterday must have bumped another million or 2 on to his price tag. It was a thing of beauty, deserved a goal on the end of it.
    It was brilliant, pity we have utter sh!te up front.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast