+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: O/T Lewis Hamilton- what a great human being

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    I can’t for the life of me understand why anyone would want to find a negative in this story.
    It’s about a tragic event and Lewis Hamilton highlighted something on tv.
    People nit picking about not paying taxes or other stuff need to get a life.
    Really funny that the ones criticising are the ones who argue about politics on here and are actually sticking up for the most corrupt people in this country ie politicians.
    Hypocrisy springs to mind.
    The important and stand out thing for me is a quote from Charlotte Shaw little Harry’s mum...
    Quote : “ It brought smiles into his life at a time when there’s a limited amount of fun to be had “
    ” It’s so special to see Harry enjoying himself “

The Fund they have set up has reached £15k.

Well said Casper.
    Shaking my head at some responses on this thread.
    Been a parent it must be heartbreaking and if what has happened has brought some light into the little boys life then that can only be applauded by any rational human being.

The other stuff about Lewis Hamilton may be true but to peddle that on this thread is imo shockingly insensitive and uncalled for.

My thoughts to the little one and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I put this post up as it highlighted what is a tragic story for such a young boy, Harry Shaw. How his parents are coping with what is inevitable, I cannot even begin to comprehend.

Bearing in mind the circumstances surrounding the story, I'm amazed that some on here think it's okay to turn it into a 'let's attack Hamilton' thread?

Is it not possible for once to leave bias thoughts out, to see the thread for what it's meant to be, a humanitarian story that has more than lifted this terminally ill young boys life. I despair I really do.
    As a potential "let's attack Hamilton" person, I want to make it clear that wasn't the point. The point was simply credit where it is due. Hamilton hasn't done the things claimed, Mercedes have and well done to them for doing so.

The fund is at £15k, peanuts to a big star but it is the team that has probably spent more than that already shipping the car over etc.

It's a great story and it's brilliant they have done such a thing. Just need to realise it is a PR stunt too and not to believe all the hype.

Little boy has sadly passed away.
    Unbearable to imagine what the parents are going through.
    Tragic.

Indeed. pocket, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Little boy has sadly passed away.
    Unbearable to imagine what the parents are going through.
    Tragic.
    Yes very sad but at least LH with the help of his team/marketing were able to give him something to smile about.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234