+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT Alfie

OT Alfie

Going to see Alfie play for Sydney on Sunday at Perth in the Australian grand final.
    Going in my Millers shirt but will be cheering for Perth Glory because the guys I’m going with are all Glory fans. Would love it if Alfie scores though.

Ask for his autograph but secretly disguise the paper he has signed as a contract for him to join the millers next season...

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    Going to see Alfie play for Sydney on Sunday at Perth in the Australian grand final.
    Going in my Millers shirt but will be cheering for Perth Glory because the guys I’m going with are all Glory fans. Would love it if Alfie scores though.

Are they playing in the new stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Are they playing in the new stadium?
    Yes the Optus. Brand new 60,000 stadium.
    Was built for the Aussie rules teams but Perth Glory also play there.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    Yes the Optus. Brand new 60,000 stadium.
    Was built for the Aussie rules teams but Perth Glory also play there.
    They were just about to open it when I was there. There was a local argument about not allowing private cars to drop off outside the ground, but Uber cars were allowed to do so.

Nice looking arena

Don't forget the sandpaper

Bit of a low standard drab affair in a match littered with errors! On this showing both teams would struggle in league 1.

Even the penalty shootout was a dull non event as a 4-1 result would suggest.

On Alfie, he didn’t look the player we had, wether it was just an off day I don’t know but on that showing I wouldn’t have him back.

Got heckled by the Glory fans for cheering and clapping him when his name and photo came up on the big screen pre-kick off.

Have to say how great the organisation is here in Oz, 60,000 people got away from the ground in a matter of minutes on hundreds of free buses and trains. Amazing when you think of the chaos at Wembley to get 25,000 away from the ground.

Name:  B512359F-0A88-4462-B0BD-D6C4FFD8BD38.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  15.4 KB

My son and I flying the Millers flag!

Sorry it’s sideways, hard to do off a mobile

Didn’t work
    Last edited by loyalmiller; 20-05-2019 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Didn’t work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast