+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5 released....

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    David Ball never given a decent run of gamed with the Millers, Warne ought to have kept him for the coming season in division one.
    Unless he did well on the wing then he was never going to start games under Warney, I was sorry to see him move out and we’ve missed him imo but then again he hasn’t pulled any trees up at Bradford either

If Ball's legs were as quick as his footballing brain, he would have been an asset but he is simply too slow to compete in the championship. A joy to watch when it all clicks. I would have liked to see him play for us again in league one but maybe something has gone off with him, like said.

Keeping Potter would have been a risk and expecting him to stay injury free at 35, goes against all previous evidence really. But...we are bound to lose Vaulks and Ajayi. Towell's wages are probably too high. He's had a mildly disappointing season but I still rate him. Mind you, if signing him requires that he becomes our biggest earner or one of the top earners, i'm not sure he justifies that. Add in Palmer being a massive flop and we are left a bit threadbare in the middle..best sign another winger then

We shouldn't try to "hold up" the season again, waiting to re-sign Towell. A mistake from Warney there last season. Towell was generally popular with Millers fans after a good League 1 promotion season, but had almost no previous experience at Championship level. Hanging on until after the season had started to sign him, expecting him to slot straight into the Championship, turned out to be the wrong decision. I'm not against him coming back as he would be ok for League 1, but we can't dither about waiting again when other players, as good or better, may be available. Palmer has rarely looked even League 1 standard, never mind Championship. Potter was too great a risk for another long-term injury , even though he is a good player.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 16-05-2019 at 08:51 AM.

I’d prefer we’d try and find another (cheaper) and not sign Towell

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    So would I but have you seen some of the ' crap ' out there...
    I hope we have a plan b.

"he would have been an asset but he is simply too slow to compete in the championship"

Yet Wood got a two year playing contract? No cliques at Rotherham United....Oh yes there are - to the detriment of the club and better footballers that have left us and those not attracted to the pub club attitude this club now has.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I agree. Warne said that he's like a dog chasing ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    "he would have been an asset but he is simply too slow to compete in the championship"

Yet Wood got a two year playing contract? No cliques at Rotherham United....Oh yes there are - to the detriment of the club and better footballers that have left us and those not attracted to the pub club attitude this club now has.
    Even worse - Richard Wood will soon be taking his coaching badges and could well be part of the " clique " you mention....

Now that would give you and a few others something to talk about.

Im guessing mattock doesnt want to sign or they cant reach a agreement so they have triggered the 1 year extension.

Ball was the marque centre forward signing but hasnt really delivered on it.
    Guessing at the time he signed his contract would of put him as a top earner.

Potter hasnt played and is wrong side of 30. You can all the talent in the world but if you cant get on the pitch its pointless.

Yes it's a downward spiral where all in the club are happy - content - pulling a salary and jobs are safe. Where's the incentive - the only cutting edge is the one that cuts the baps for the burgers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast