+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: SA consortium

Ok, thanks for that. That's a better outcome of we do go into admin.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I'm expecting us to go into admin and if I were buying the club that's what I'd wait for especially now we are out of the FL. There's no point in doing a "knight in shining armour" rescue as the last couple of owners have done with the result that they set their expectations too high and depleted their financial reserves. I'd simply use the money saved to start a proper rebuild job on the club and the team and get some foundation even if there is a points penalty to start with. That'll be more than offset by cash available to rebuild.

AH isn't likely to pay off his debts even if has the means so apart from the stigma of it all, and things can't get much worse, if no reasonable offer is forthcoming he'll let the club go into admin.

It is hard to imagine any other viable scenario. No-one wants to pay off the debts and frankly it is just a waste of money to do so. The blame will add on to AH's CV but I doubt that it will bother him that much though there is rumoured talk on twitter that some of his friends and others to whom he owes money are turning on him.
    If we went into admin would Hardy get anything for the club?

If that's what the potential buyers are waiting for then its likely Hardy will sell to another party to try and recoup as much as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    It still feels like someone has added up 2 + 2 and come up with 5.

But I will bow to your knowledge of social media, the only social media I use is this board.
    If anything a better analogy would be you adding 2 + 2 and trying to convince yourself it doesn't equal 4

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Could be wrong but I believe it we go into administration before the season starts the Conference are very strict and boot you straight down to the Conference North/South.
    Hell of a rebuild then.
    ...and so why on Earth would anyone want to buy a club that's sinking lower and lower? Most posters are wondering why anyone, especially somebody from a country hardly known for it's football interest, is interested in buying us now we are a non-league club. The lower we drop down the ladder, the further we have to climb back up. OK, the further down we are, the cheaper we would be to buy but the more it would cost to get us interesting enough so anyone would consider following us.

The only possible scenario where this could work is if money is no object - but then why wait till we are dust?

It is possible that somebody in the SA consertrium is a secret Notts County fan and wants to emulate that Russian feller at Chelsea, or them other foreigners at Man City, and win a Nobel prize for community service but I doubt it, somehow.

The SA concertina or Alan Hardy - who will blink first?

There will always be the rose tinted glasses brigade and the miserable gits brigade on here.
    The problem is that the longer this goes on the more likely the miserable gits are.

Fact is, we are currently owned by a basket case. Any outcome is possible.

Its hard to say with any confidence what is going to happen.

All we do know is we are due at court next week for the tax bill.

Its gone quiet on the "chicken mob" and to me it seems like BS that we heard before.

Trembling with guys from Norway...Trew the Danish billionaire and now SA who NOBODY knows but we know Alex May is interested very odd in the social media era for nothing to leak....just hope its not the dynamic duo May/Hardy.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    There will always be the rose tinted glasses brigade and the miserable gits brigade on here.
    The problem is that the longer this goes on the more likely the miserable gits are.

Fact is, we are currently owned by a basket case. Any outcome is possible.
    I don't think we can talk about miserable gits at this stage. Realistic gits would be a better description. If the deal hasn't been done to all provable intents and purposes by next Wednesday, then we're relying on the opinion of the taxman and the judge. The sand in the timer has virtually run out.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Its hard to say with any confidence what is going to happen.

All we do know is we are due at court next week for the tax bill.

Its gone quiet on the "chicken mob" and to me it seems like BS that we heard before.

Trembling with guys from Norway...Trew the Danish billionaire and now SA who NOBODY knows but we know Alex May is interested very odd in the social media era for nothing to leak....just hope its not the dynamic duo May/Hardy.
    The south africans definitely exist, Curtis and/or Slater have said they know that Pritchard bloke is working with them and they know the solicitors that are representing them

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    The south africans definitely exist, Curtis and/or Slater have said they know that Pritchard bloke is working with them and they know the solicitors that are representing them
    Russell King existed. Albert Scardino existed. We all exist. It doesn't mean we're in a position to buy a football club, even if we claim we are.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I don't think we can talk about miserable gits at this stage. Realistic gits would be a better description. If the deal hasn't been done to all provable intents and purposes by next Wednesday, then we're relying on the opinion of the taxman and the judge. The sand in the timer has virtually run out.
    The gits are quite willing to be happy, given half the chance. But as you suggest, at this stage there is nothing to make them happy.

Anyway, much as he wants to take the centre ground, identifying Hardy as a basket case puts the Don in the miserable gits camp with the rest of us. Anyone who isn't in it is deluded.

Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast