+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 0/T Anthony Joshua v Andy Ruiz Jr

He was ****ed from round 3. How can a pro boxer be knacker after 9 minutes of boxing. Don't think he threw 40 punches before he was blowing out his Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    He was ****ed from round 3. How can a pro boxer be knacker after 9 minutes of boxing. Don't think he threw 40 punches before he was blowing out his Harris.
    Maybe it will come out at a later date that Joshua was ill or some other reason as to why it went wrong who knows! But for some reason that was not the real Joshua fighting that fight.

He did however say to the ref on no more than 3 occasions that he was ready to fight on. He walked to the ref when asked to he answered the ref when asked if wanted to continue and then stepped back to the corner looking for a corner man to replace his gum shield, all fairly normal things in my view but the ref decided to stop it but lets get one thing clear, AJ did NOT give in.
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 02-06-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Maybe a fixed fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Maybe a fixed fight?
    I wouldn't go as far as that Grist but it might give Wilder a reason to fight AJ if he thinks Ruiz was good enough. It could be the thing that draws him out.

Maybe we will see the Wilder fight before the rematch? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    I'm not so sure Biglad. AJ has been marketed and hyped really well and he's not as good as what a lot of people think.

Both Wilder and Fury would beat AJ, Fury easily so in my opinion, he's the best Heavyweight in the World. I actually think Dillian Whyte would beat AJ now.

I cant take anything away from AJ, he's done really well and earned a fortune. Good luck to him but I'd say his,days are pretty much done.
    I cant help but think about what happend to Nas when he fought Kelly at the garden. His training facilities were ****e he was hyped up to the max and he came into the ring not the same fighter he had been. I know he won that fight but it deffo changed him.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as that Grist but it might give Wilder a reason to fight AJ if he thinks Ruiz was good enough. It could be the thing that draws him out.

Maybe we will see the Wilder fight before the rematch? Who knows.
    No I don't think so either, just playing devil's advocate because with the massive amounts of money now being made via online betting then anything is possible, now more probable than it was 10 or so years ago.

Didn’t expect AJ to lose against Ruiz because he was the sub opponent and although he claimed he was match fit, he didn’t look it. Perhaps the difference was that Ruiz was defo up for a chance to make his dreams come true and AJ was looking past this fight.

Pocket will know but I for one think that once it’s proven you have a glass chin then it gives hope to other fighters. Naseem and especially Amir Khan were never the same commanding fighters after their chins were exposed. Still exciting but no longer “unbeatable”.

AJ has the additional burden of being a huge heavyweight and like all heavyweights, they can all fall like timber with a good punch.

Rematch in Nov/Dec will tell us a lot I guess

Don't know who this AJ is as I've never hard of him but sounds a lot like Frank Bruno.

Off topic but still on boxing, who was the great white heavyweight hope, maybe from Yorkshire, around 1980s who got into a spat with Bugner and did he get pasted when they met. Somebody Dunn?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Don't know who this AJ is as I've never hard of him but sounds a lot like Frank Bruno.

Off topic but still on boxing, who was the great white heavyweight hope, maybe from Yorkshire, around 1980s who got into a spat with Bugner and did he get pasted when they met. Somebody Dunn?
    Richard Dunn I think Cam.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Richard Dunn I think Cam.
    Yes that's him Pocket. I'll have to look it up but I'm sure he taunted Bugner into a fight and then got hammered, or maybe it was the other way round? Also seem to remember talk of a fight with Ali but I'm sure that's just the old memory playing tricks again

Just looked it up, born in Halifax. Did fight Ali in 1976, lost in 5 having been knocked down 5 times. Ali's last knock out win. Dunn earned 52,000 for that fight. Taunted Bugner as a coward because of the way he fought Ali, they met, Dunn hit the deck in the first
    Last edited by CAMiller; 02-06-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast