+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supposed offer for Turnbull!

Supposed offer for Turnbull!

Rumour mill has it that Sellic have offered £1.2 million hope the club tell them where to stick it and to come back when they wish to make a realistic offer going by today’s market. Somewhere in the region of £2.5 to £3 million IMO would be a fair offer although I don’t want Turnbull going to a Scottish club.
    They have fleeced us to many times for our players so time they paid up

I'm sure he won't be sold on the cheap. The days of not getting proper value for our talent have passed.

Now resigned to the fact that DT will be gone by new season start

Some peoples expectations will be we get 4 or 5M for him. We won't, but should - but won't if you know what I mean? Wee diddy teams like ours don't get the respectable offers we should.
    Last edited by sieb1886; 31-05-2019 at 10:02 PM.

I think you are on the button with your suggested fee level, TC. We would all like him to stay another season and then move for £5M plus 20% sell on clause, but I cannot see that happening. Celtic are trying to unsettle him with talk of £1.2M but he strikes me as a sensible young man who will not have his head turned by such a shoddy tactic. A club like Brighton, Norwich or Southampton would be a much better move for him, for many reasons and not just football ones, sadly. Wherever he ends up it will be very interesting to follow his career as he continues to develop.

IMO Celtic MUST be seen chasing SPL talent to appease fans and their interest soon evaporate once English leagues return from summer break. Will he be ….
    * Swayed with Celtic chasing 10 in a row ?
    * Think his game improve playing alongside Brown ?
    * Believe Mad Lenny can make better player ?
    * Embrace the bigotry/hatred that comes playing Auld Firm ?
    Hope NONE of these influence his decision and sees future outside SPL and think have many suitors south the border where £3m - £5m loose change and his salary 3x what Celtic can offer.

If Celtic want him and are prepared to pay the asking price then they will get him, simple as that. And he will go there if he gets the chance for one very simple reason - money. Anyone who thinks or pretends to think anything different is living on cloud coo-coo land. Money talks and is the only thing that footballers are interested in these days and all the supposed factors that some of our fans think will put players off playing for Celtic or Rangers like bigotry, hatred and the like will simply not prevent a player taking the chance of getting life changing money by joining the country's biggest club.

I was resigned to Turnbull being away long before the season ended and nothing has changed, he's away sooner or later. I'd prefer it wasn't to Celtic but there's every possibility it will be so if and when the offer comes, hopefully it's what we valued him at, we take it, say bye-bye and we move on with David Turnbull consigned to the history books as far as we're concerned.

Celtic will not be prepared to pay M’well valuation and Turnbull will head south the border.

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid View Post
    Celtic will not be prepared to pay M’well valuation and Turnbull will head south the border.
    The pressure is on Celtic to pay the right money to get the best Scottish players in. They lost out on McGinn for what should have been pennies to them.

I'm not just saying this but Turnbull is twice the player McGinn is and he went to AV for £2.75M.

We should get £3.5M easy with a big sell on (30%) but hopefully at the end of next season and to a EPL team who will see his potential.

Obviously if Celtic want him they'll get him but little in their recent business suggests they'll stump up - unless they've learned from the McGinn debacle.

I still think it'll be England next for DT who we may see in the League Cup but little more.

Correctly mentioned money talks and the salary on offer from Parkhead will be less than EFL.
    Even if they match asking price, his salary much less.
    He will have no trouble attracting attention from EFL, IMO a queue will form, as our asking price a bargain to them for player this potential.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)