+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Away kit

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    And the sponsors get less time with their name on “mobile billboards”
    West Ham you now get the option of a shirt with a sponsor or one with no sponsor which I think is a good idea.

Think they'll sell more shirts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    West Ham you now get the option of a shirt with a sponsor or one with no sponsor which I think is a good idea.

Think they'll sell more shirts as well.
    I do like that idea. I have the Nike one for The Millers without a sponsors name. Much more slimming

Away kit was always going to be July, isn’t it always July?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Away kit was always going to be July, isn’t it always July?
    It's June today

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    It's June today
    If it was the 30th you could get a shirt tomorrow.

how many fans buy two shirts every year, not many most only buy one if at all. I'm sure they can do deals with sponsors for 2 years, where they pay in instalments, and have clauses in if we get promoted/relegated.

We do tend to have a sale of stock by easter time to try and clear the current seasons shirts, they will still be in the shop now but how many people are going to buy last years shirts. If they were valid for 2 years, you can keep them at full price for longer, and more people would be likely to buy one if they last 2 years.

Though not sure how this works with a 3rd shirt, suppose it would be home shirt one year, then both away shirts the following year.
    It should be even easier now we have different home and away shirt sponsors. The only issue would be if we changed supplier.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234