+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New signing

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    'The player has hit 18 goals in a career spanning nearly 250 games and last played for his country in 2016'

Was also a team mate of Warne's when they played at Yeovil......says it all really.....or does it. He's known as the ginger Zidane....really!

Listen let's not knock a player until we've seen him play. bit worried about a two year deal though with all his past injury and the fact he's not played for so long. You never know he may be a right gem.

What's this say about Palmer now?
    Fair comment about the 2 years Brin. Maybe 1 year wasn't enough to land him.

If you saw Bournemouth's demolition of us in the cup, you have seen him play.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Fair comment about the 2 years Brin. Maybe 1 year wasn't enough to land him.

If you saw Bournemouth's demolition of us in the cup, you have seen him play.
    That was one of only two games I've seen at NYS so I guess I've seen him but I must admit I was more focused that day on our comedy duo up front of JCH/Bowrey along with a very inept performance from our young right back who scored his first ever goal that day but possibly had a hand in all 6 (name escapes me at the moment).

Suppose that puts an end to looking at Adeyemi....

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Suppose that puts an end to looking at Adeyemi....
    I don’t think so mate I think adeyemi would be Towells replacement

This guy looks more like potters

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I don’t think so mate I think adeyemi would be Towells replacement

This guy looks more like potters
    But that will mean 6 midfielders which I feel is too many. It's wingers we need to be looking at.

We didn't have Potter last season. Maybe Ajayi's rep?

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    We didn't have Potter last season. Maybe Ajayi's rep?
    We did have potter on books but he was injured but we didn’t know that at start of the season, also Ajayi is a defender who can play as a defensive midfielder if Ajayi leaves we will need a defender since that’s why we originally bought him for

Btw currently we have 4 midfielders

Wiles
    Vaulks
    Crooks
    McDonald

Players left

Towell and potter

Btw crooks was mannings replacement

If warne is swapping like for like there will still be another midfielder coming even if it’s a loan
    Last edited by Silly-miller; 03-06-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Would love a cheeky bid for Manning

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    We did have potter on books but he was injured but we didn’t know that at start of the season, also Ajayi is a defender who can play as a defensive midfielder if Ajayi leaves we will need a defender since that’s why we originally bought him for

Btw currently we have 4 midfielders

Wiles
    Vaulks
    Crooks
    McDonald

Players left

Towell and potter

Btw crooks was mannings replacement

If warne is swapping like for like there will still be another midfielder coming even if it’s a loan
    You've forgotten Ajayi and Palmer in midfield so we currently have 6. Ajayi does sometimes play midfield but mostly defence like you say.

Could prove to be an astute signing this one look forward to seeing him play

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast