+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New signing

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Lee Brogden, Colin Clish
    Isn’t Lee Brogden off Corrie

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Do you mean Stephen Brogan?
    Yes, must be the old timers disease setting in

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    That was one of only two games I've seen at NYS so I guess I've seen him but I must admit I was more focused that day on our comedy duo up front of JCH/Bowrey along with a very inept performance from our young right back who scored his first ever goal that day but possibly had a hand in all 6 (name escapes me at the moment).
    Richard Brindley apparently.

Don't even remember him, made 17 appearances in two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Richard Brindley apparently.

Don't even remember him, made 17 appearances in two seasons.
    Yes that's him, it was his last ever game for us. He did play in the playoffs the previous season and came on in the final for Wes Thomas when we were 2-0 down so maybe he was the catalyst for our win as I assume it allowed us to move Tavernier further forward.

New Signing - NO pressure to sell is best news I've heard so far. Keeping our better players would be better than a new signing for me.

Keep the tried and tested players (that are viable players long term) and fill the gaps of the less effective players....that is a gradual strengthening. Keep Vaulks would be a great result.....

The talk of having to sell the family jewels really got me down. Looking forward to some great Yorkshire shopping - Quality on a budget!

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    New Signing - NO pressure to sell is best news I've heard so far. Keeping our better players would be better than a new signing for me.

Keep the tried and tested players (that are viable players long term) and fill the gaps of the less effective players....that is a gradual strengthening. Keep Vaulks would be a great result.....

The talk of having to sell the family jewels really got me down. Looking forward to some great Yorkshire shopping - Quality on a budget!
    I just hope that vaulks signs a new contract if he don’t go this window or we will be throwing big money away

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I just hope that vaulks signs a new contract if he don’t go this window or we will be throwing big money away
    I hope he does too but his blossoming international career would surely be hindered if he stays in League 1. It's probably inevitable that he will move to a Championship club in this transfer window.

vaulks ain t going to sign a new contract at all. why would he if he is attracting attention.

it's paper talk that's all first serious bus he will be off and it will be in the clubs best interest that he does go.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    vaulks ain t going to sign a new contract at all. why would he if he is attracting attention.

it's paper talk that's all first serious bus he will be off and it will be in the clubs best interest that he does go.
    If we've took out the option on Vaulks then he'll have signed a contract in the same way that Newell did.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    If we've took out the option on Vaulks then he'll have signed a contract in the same way that Newell did.
    yes but it was a option the club could trigger (signed in original contract) they have obviously been in contract negotians but for whatever reason they couldn't agree.

it's not like he has agreed a new 1 year contract it was in his original contract there is a difference.

In 12 months time he can walk away from the club on a free transfer

sell him now as the longer we have him the less time he has on his contract which leaves the club in a more even weaker position to negotiate.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345