+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official - joe newell leaves

Four years is a long stint for footballers these days. A new contract was offered to Joe during last season and the more time passed without hearing anything, the more I knew he probably wasn't going to sign it. Even if we'd stayed up I don't think he would have signed a new deal.
    He will now likely do really well for Donny, who seem to have an actual plan and are more upwardly mobile than we are right now. Personally I'm gutted to see him go. More gutted than I thought I would be.

As for Forde, he's another wide player who thrived in L1 last time but struggled to make the step up. I liked him tbh. Not a crowd pleaser, just an honest pro who tried his best.

Time for Rob Scott and his sidekick to earn their bread now

Ben Wliles has had more good games in his short time than Newel has produced in all of the years he has been with us.
    Says it all really.
    Better value for money required as TS would say

Possibly the right time for a move for both him and the club. Produced some real touches of skill - a shame there weren't more of them. One thing I will always remember : in our last play-off win a pi55ed up bloke near me repeatedly bellowing "get effin Newell off!" which may or may not have been fair comment. He didn't seem to notice though that Newell provided the crosses for both goals.
    Nice that he has had good things to say about the club and fans on twitter
    Good luck to him. Onwards and upwards for us

Thanks Joe, good luck.

Not a shock. To be honest we do new blood in these areas.

Wasnt as good as Pringle was and other than his first season or so didnt really get going.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    What a shame.....I liked him

😂😂😂😂😂

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123