+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derby fans

Derby fans

If you venture on here. Your team was excellent a worthy opponent. Your fans were great and made a superb atmosphere with ours. Good luck next season.

If Derby had won many would have said Villa fans had it coming for being arrogant. But, nothing could be further from the truth. Many of us were as nervous as I’d ever seen over the last 48 hours and that last part of the game as Derby swarmed seemed an eternity.

It was more like a rugby match the way the fans mingled and got on. Looked like a brilliant day out.
    Yes I doubt many villa fans were counting chickens during the game. The last 10 minutes was horrendous to watch.

Excellent day out for us (apart from the result). I hope you’ll be having a collection for our goalkeeper for the gift of Mcginns goal
    And just to top it off there was a lorry crash on the M1 which closed the carriageway at J22. Took us 4 hours to get home.

Credit to the Derby fans, they were excellent no sign of any trouble apart from the woman who called me A lucky Yam Yam, what?
    Anyway, i think Frank would do well to stay with Derby and build on what is a very goid young tram apart from that goal keeper, useless.
    UTV

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Credit to the Derby fans, they were excellent no sign of any trouble apart from the woman who called me A lucky Yam Yam, what?
    Anyway, i think Frank would do well to stay with Derby and build on what is a very goid young tram apart from that goal keeper, useless.
    UTV
    Good trams is what they have in Nottingham. And even they stop before the council owned ****ty ground 😀

Geeze, my spelling......specsavers!

Quote Originally Posted by stateside View Post
    If you venture on here. Your team was excellent a worthy opponent. Your fans were great and made a superb atmosphere with ours. Good luck next season.

If Derby had won many would have said Villa fans had it coming for being arrogant. But, nothing could be further from the truth. Many of us were as nervous as I’d ever seen over the last 48 hours and that last part of the game as Derby swarmed seemed an eternity.
    Well said Statesey only 1 report of any bad behaviour and it came from our lot damaging a fans bus, roundly condemned by the majority & someone has set up a funding page to reimburse the bus company and fan tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by stateside View Post

Thanks for that. I actually thought a small percentage of our fans were moronic and the atmosphere at the bottom of the Wembley Park tube about 1.30 was quite toxic for which our ‘fans’ were more to blame than yours...still you can only call it as you see it.

You deserved the win...just, especially as you’ve beaten us 9-1 this season and I wish you well next season. Proper big club that deserves to be in the top flight and good to see you go up with a genuine Villa fan in charge.

Jury is out for us for next season. Will Lampard stay, how do we replace the three young loanees and what will our owners next move be? They’re the three main questions. Maybe we’ll follow you up next time...won’t be easy though...just as tough a division next season and we have made a bit of a habit of losing at Wembley, still at least this wasn’t an undeserved last minute winner like last time. No complaints from here.

P.S. The ‘keeper is pretty decent, Trianon. Think the occasion just got to him yesterday. We wouldn’t have made the final without him.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 28-05-2019 at 05:35 PM.

The thing is with keepers, one mistake it's catastrophic. We had the same with David James in the villa Chelsea 3rd cup final. Your right and can't be judged on one mistake. I think Fredal did the same in the carling cup final against man u.

I wrote on FB pre match "No hopes, no expectations, no pressure". That was what I felt. Most of us would have accepted a 2-1 Final defeat at Wembley if offered it last August...... unless we got the red dogs or the DYS there

A good day out for most except the passengers on the bricked bus and the 2 or 3 Villa fans who ran onto the pitch at the end. 3 figure fines and a 3 year banning order for them.......

I fully understood the idea behind the starting XI.

2md half at PP and the whole 90 minutes at VP you did for us good and proper. Go out gung ho with 1-4-3-3 and Villa would repeat the medicine. 1-4-2-3-1 was designed to keep it tight for an hour and then release Marriott and Waghorn to try to win it. A 1-4-4-2 start with Bennett and Lawrence as the 2 would have done a similar job.

The ref missed the foul on Cole leading to the first and then Bogle (our motm imo) made the mistake of letting El Ghazi get the wrong side of him and the ball bounced in off El Ghazi's back. A mistake and a huge slice of luck. You 1 Us 0.

Roos then went for a ball and totally missed it leaving McGinn an easy header. 2-0. We then let the dogs off the leash and created chances but could only put 1 away. had we got the equaliser I think we would have gone on to win.

Marriott and Waghorn were both unfit for 90 minutes and that was the reason, allied to not wanting to play into your hands, they didn't start. Villa owned the first 5 minutes. After that it was pretty much even stevens up to the goal.

McGinn got booked and might have had 2 or 3 more yellows after that. Lucky to last 90 minutes.

Unlike the Mackems who had departed Wembley within 30 seconds of the end the day before, 80% of the Rams faithful stayed to applaud the teams efforts.

Great time despite the problems during our stay. Day 1 - Car Hire firm won't accept credit card as it is only valid for 2 more months.... they demand a minimum of 3. I put the expiry date in their system when I booked......
    Day 2 - we lose.
    Day 3 - Flight back cancelled. Extend the stay, flight late on day 4 which gave us almost 2 days in my mates pub in Henlow and a night in an airbnb.

Cause of the cancellation was a security strike in Amsterdam so there is the possibility we won't get compensation or be able to claim back the extra food drink and accomodation costs.

Me and my lad had a blast so no major complaints.

Yet another great 10 month journey with the Rams. Another one starts soon. Until then it's recharge the batteries and get ready for some more tasty days against the DYS, Millwall and, of course, those pesky red dogs from the wrong end of the A52.

Goodluck in the EPL, I fear you will need it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)