+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: time to ban all England fans from away matches

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Appoligist for bad behaviour.

This is a tournament featuring 4 teams. Which ever towns they used to stage games there will need to be 2 teams to form the match and therefore 2 sets of fans.
    No apologies from me, just pointing out that this meaningless tournament is played in one place, bringing together the drunken lunatics.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    It was the semi final of the Nations League that included all top sides in Europe.

The Netherlands qualified from a group with France and Germany and England with Spain and Croatia.

And of course Souhgate took us to the semi final of the World Cup not so long ago. Yes we are diffinitely s**t.
    Defensively, we haven't really progressed. We still try and sit back on leads when we can't do it (Rotherham style).

In the world cup we beat the teams we would normally beat and lost to the top teams (although in the past i would have expected us to beat Croatia and Belgium).

We beat Spain away which I wouldn't have expected but also lost to them at home showing inconsistencey.

When it comes to the big games we fail. We need to learn to finish teams off. That would be progress. I suppose we'll see in the Euros but I expect the same if and when it comes to the games against the big hitters in a tournament knock out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Defensively, we haven't really progressed. We still try and sit back on leads when we can't do it (Rotherham style).

In the world cup we beat the teams we would normally beat and lost to the top teams (although in the past i would have expected us to beat Croatia and Belgium).

We beat Spain away which I wouldn't have expected but also lost to them at home showing inconsistencey.

When it comes to the big games we fail. We need to learn to finish teams off. That would be progress. I suppose we'll see in the Euros but I expect the same if and when it comes to the games against the big hitters in a tournament knock out.
    Agree. I think the disallowed goal made a huge difference.

But, this is a young side that has achieved more than expected 2 years ago.

We will win the next World Cup. I believe the score will be 2-1. Pocket told me

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    We will win the next World Cup. I believe the score will be 2-1. Pocket told me
    Is that the tiddlywinks World Cup?

The Dutch have had a rough time over the last few years, failing to qualify for the world cup being the major low point. When we played them in a friendly a couple of years ago we outclassed them on their own turf.
    However, they appear to be back up and running and better than England once again. We had our moments the other night, looked composed and zipped the ball around for the first 25 mins, had a spell late on in normal time but Holland were the stronger team overall.
    Agree with Grist that its a pretty meaningless tournament which probably would have been scrapped if England had won it. Slightly better than friendlies though as the games have been played competitively for the most part.

As for England fans, a few minor skirmishes are blown way out of proportion by the media as per.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    No apologies from me, just pointing out that this meaningless tournament is played in one place, bringing together the drunken lunatics.
    I got back from Porto and Guimares yesterday. Firstly the games were played in 2 separate cities and hour in a train apart. Bit like calling Sheffield and Manchester the same place. I had a great time and met some wonderful people from many different nations. The only person there I saw acting like a moron was Tommy Robinson. Hopefully they will ban him from future England games. I was there when he punched that fan and there was no need for it at all. The fan was clearly just a target for a bully.
    The few mindless idiots that threw bottles were yards away from me when it happened and I didn’t know about it until the next day. Why should the actions of 5/6 prats some up the 10s if thousands there having a great time? I was approached at least 30 times by Portuguese offering me drugs and girls in the street. No mention of them at all. Typical.

I've followed the national side away from home on a few occasions but I haven't bothered for years so my take maybe out of tune .

From my experience the scrotes who cause trouble abroad are more likely to be from small clubs , what you have is the small dyck syndrome .

You very rarely seem to see the St Georges flag with Man Utd , Liverpool , Spurs or Arsenal on it .

Fans from smaller clubs are on a bigger stage and this mindset tends to lead to poor behaviour , I've even seen fans of Cardiff City at England away games because of the potential for a good scrap .

There's nothing particularly unusual for fans of the big clubs to be playing a game in europe , ten a penny most seasons .

The invasion in Madrid last weekend by 70k fans of Liverpool and Spurs went off fine .

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    You are an apologist for bad behaviour by blaming thecorganisers for creating the problem. Quote 'Then there the stroke of genius that puts all of the games in the same place so that all of the boozed up fans get to mix.'

Please don't forget the local naughty boys that target England fans and dissappear into the shadows...we always have been a target.

There's always someone who won't back down but with the scrutiny England fans get these days the vast majority are just ordinary fans.

Don't forget HEADLINES sell papers....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123