+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 Potential Buyers

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    There is no. 'picking the club up on the cheap, from admin'. As a buyer, you would still be responsible for a good wedge of the debt, plus you get a -10 points deduction as well. Doubt whether Hardy will get much out of the deal either way. Any money he receives will be owed to Paragon and their shareholders and the best result he can hope for is that it doesn't drag his beloved golf club into admin/bankruptcy/liquidation.
    I didn't mean to suggest it would be 'cheap' but surely cheaper?

Any kind of sale that does not involve admin will be better for Hardy but more importantly, the club.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    I wonder what impact the revelation of the FA inquiry will have-if any- on the prospective buyers of the club!
    If its the SA's, then they seem to have gone in to great detail on due diligence (if what has been reported is to be believed). In that case they would have found any irregularity in the accounts of the club. I'm calling BS on the reported irregularities.

With the time difference I read a few articles in the wrong order and on different platforms ( news and social media) and did not put " 2+ 2" together re the hardy response to the MP and the subsequent Hardy news on what "MAY" be happening. My apologies for being a dumb arse!

Quote Originally Posted by theory_extinct View Post
    If its the SA's, then they seem to have gone in to great detail on due diligence (if what has been reported is to be believed). In that case they would have found any irregularity in the accounts of the club. I'm calling BS on the reported irregularities.
    I'm calling it as some pished off supporter who phoned them, when he suspected £35,000 of allegedly misused, lifeline funds.

I'm calling it as some pished off supporter who phoned them, when he suspected £35,000 of allegedly misused, lifeline funds.
    The fact they are investigating doesn't necessarily mean something is amiss. As you've said, it could be a disgruntled supporter and member of lifeline has raised a concern

Get a deal done, then come out with all the sheite that has been going off

I'm calling it as a peed off ex paragon financial controller who also looked after Notts stuff who had a large USB stick and knew how to use a baseball bat or an oven.

I definitely think this money needs to be accounted for as in, where did it get usesd.

It was stated again the other day that it was used on the pitch but someone else reported that in reality, little had been done to the pitch so what has the money gone on?

There is no. 'picking the club up on the cheap, from admin'.
    That's not 100% true as I've unfortunately been through the process with the last couple of companies I worked for.

1st was a pre pack, 2nd was a sell off of assets.

2nd one they just brought the intellectual rights (trademarks/names) and was very cheap for the buyers. I don't think it would work for a football club though, unless they were prepared to start off from the bottom again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nottsowell View Post
    As has been said so many times, who would buy the club when all they need to do is pick us up for a quid out of admin, that would be why Smurf is sniffing around if he is?
    depends how much of a gambling man they are. Do you pay a quid and take the -10 points in the hope we manage to claw oursleves out of the bottom 4. Personally I wouldn't as it's too much of a gamble taking into account how much you'd lose dropping to the 6th tier.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast