+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy League Review 2019/2020

I really am a Drongo, Rosie! I misread your paragraph, I thought you had awarded me the Drongo on account of Gornal not playing ha ha.

Heads off to optician to get stronger contact lenses.

Thanks Rosie and congratulations Harry. This has been coming for a good few weeks. He has the finger on the pulse a lot more than me at the moment. Need to get my thinking hat on. Two games for City but who will Pep play and de Bruyne possibly injured. Difficult to second guess.

Well done Harry.. Keep the faith Picasso. Still a long way to go and for me to catch you both.
    I started great.. But that bloody ings messed me up.

Really high quality season from everyone.

Top report Rosie!!!

Thanks Rosie, me and Harry free hit at the same time because, I admit it. I copied his idea. Gw 31 is gonna be harsh

Week 29

Howls of derision as our managers painstakingly thought out tactics on how to acquire Arsenal and Man City players to make the most of the two game week ended in tears 💧💧💧💧💧 and tantrums with the postponement of the fixture. 🤔 😤 🤮

With 7 players given the armband only 6 made it on to the pitch. Top managers choice Aubameyang with 9 votes.

1. Vardy 22 points - Dazzy how could you! 🤪😜

2. Salah 18 points - Harry, David, Uncle Tony, Sam and Nuc.

3. Pepe 6 points - Winnie.

4. Aubameyang/Sterling/SJ 4 points - Picasso, Bongo, Iwuz, HJ, Oz, Rosie, Yubby, Jesh, Liam, Will and Gornal.

BB’s captain DeBruyne (injured) and vice captain Walker regrettably didnt make the starting lineup which obviously was Pep’s fault.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK AWARD 🏆

Nuc and Mings the Merciless literally came from nowhere to secure their 2nd award with 67 💥 amazing points. At one stage with only 36 points they looked candidates for the ‘Mare’ but our brilliant tactician had played a blinder. Lundstram 12 points and Barns 19 points where on the bench for DeBruyne and Robertson.

Winnie and her Warriors runners up with 58 points.

Well done guys. 👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6 💥

👉1. Big Bo F C.

👉2. Jack of the Net.

👉3. Sausage F C.

👉4. McGinn & Tonic.

👉5. Swordfish.

👍6. Mings the Merciless.

Harry making a surge for glory as he extends his lead over Picasso to 30 points. I hope Picasso will not be too offended if I say Jack of the Net’s performance was ‘Villa esque’ this week. 🤪🤪Come the weekend I am sure they will be back to firing on all cylinders.

Nuc up to 6th at Iwuz’s expense.

RELEGATION 😱

👉17. Aston Liam.

👉18. Jota Than The Sun.

👉19. Claret & Blue Army.

No movement with what looks like our relegation certs at the moment. 🤪

MARE OF THE WEEK 🐴

Joint winners this week with 38 appalling points Will with Jota Than The Sun and unbelievably Picasso with Jack of the Net.

CHIPS

Iwuz’s master plan of playing his Free Hit Chip backfired with the postponement of the match.

As Sam as already alluded to the nightmare 👻👻👻👻👻 that is Gameweek 31 starts on Friday March 20th and at present only 4 fixtures to be played.

Thank you so much again for another brill report, Rosie!

I would love to keep wearing the silver medal you so generously awarded me, but, alas, I have to hand it over to Oz, as he won 61 points to my 58. I think you probably missed it as he was (uncharacteristically for an Aussie ) modest at his post match interview. Probably sulking at Nuc trouncing him in the Manager of the Week comp with his canny last minute subs. Giggles. Well done Nuc and Oz.

My cunning plan of buying Pepe (couldn't afford Auba) and captaining him well and truly back fired. My gut said to captain Salah or Mane as I never do well in the double game weeks and is still annoyingly reminding me of my mistake. Shhh gut or I won't feed you tonight ...

Well done Nuclear. I was planning a barn storming end to the season. I had it all planned out. However if the season gets cancelled its unfair on me.

Cheers Rosie your a star

Thanks for the write up Rosie. Sorry it’s taken so long to respond but only just recovered from being knocked off the top

Unlimited transfers allowed, bring it on!!!

Your chance to fight back has finally come, Picasso

I know, given everything our little planet has been through the last few months, FPL seems really trivial (I can't even remember who's on my team), but it's back!

We can now make unlimited transfers for the first week back. Good to see Grealish is currently the top transfer in.

I've copied and pasted the update from the FPL website, which you can find here: https://www.premierleague.com/news/1678559

"Last week it was confirmed the 2019/20 Premier League season will resume on 17 June, if all safety requirements are in place.
    And today we're pleased to let you know Fantasy Premier League is open again for FPL managers to prepare for the run-in.
    But you'll notice we've made the following changes:

- The remaining season's fixtures have been allocated new Gameweeks
    - Each new Gameweek is indicated by a "+" (e.g. GW30+, GW31+, GW32+)
    - GW30+ is a Double Gameweek starting with two midweek fixtures (AVLSHU and MCIARS) followed by a full round of 10 matches
    - FPL managers can make unlimited free transfers until the GW30+ deadline without playing a Wildcard
    - Prices of players will not change until after the GW30+ deadline has passed
    - Any unused chips or Wildcards will remain available for use before the end of the season
    - Triple Captain, Bench Boost and Free Hit chips are available in GW30+

Using your chips
    Because of there being unlimited transfers there is no need to use your Wildcard for GW30+. Managers using iOS need not use the Wildcard option available here.
    Android users looking to activate their Free Hit chip for GW30+ will need to do so on the web and not the app.

When is the first deadline?
    The Gameweek 30+ deadline is Wednesday 17 June at 17:00 BST, an hour before Aston Villa v Sheffield United kicks off.
    With each match being played behind closed doors and broadcast in the UK it represents a great opportunity for FPL managers to tune in and scout players, identify differentials and gain an advantage on mini-league rivals.
    And in the lead-up to the Gameweek 30+ deadline, The Scout will return to provide FPL managers with comprehensive insight and tips.

Head-to-Head leagues
    Please note that Head-to-Head leagues ended in Gameweek 38. However, FPL managers can create new H2H leagues for the remaining nine Gameweeks in the normal manner.
    See: Create your new head-to-head league
    Classic leagues will continue as usual through to Gameweek 38+.

The Scout is back
    From today there will be a series of articles on FPL transfer targets as The Scout pinpoints which players managers should sign with their unlimited transfers.
    The Scout will also suggest when to use your remaining chips and reveal what impact the temporary rule changes regarding substitutions might have.
    And, as usual, from the week beginning 15 June there will be Ones to watch, Differentials, Captain picks, Scout Selection and the all important FPL team news.
    We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience over the past few weeks. We will continue to provide further updates, along with exclusive Fantasy Premier League content, via @OfficialFPL on Twitter and Facebook.
    See: The Scout's first thoughts"

Good luck all. I've missed everybody. Even Hubball.
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 08-06-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)