+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which forward is missing out ?

Which forward is missing out ?

Here’s a conundrum for mr Dyche.

Can he change shape - formation to incorporate Wood Barnes and Rodriguez or will he stick to 442
    And have one of them on the bench?

Difficult one wood and Barnes did a good job last season to be fair to them

Maybe he could deploy Jay wide coming in central when we are attacking ( assuming we do ). I think he has played a wider role before

Thoughts on this one gents - the prodigal son returns but is benched ( I don’t think so )

Watched Jay Rod storming through mid-field into attack a time or two last season (with the ball of course) ever seen Wood do that. He's just what we need to make things happen.I'm getting quite excited by the prospect!! By the way, I'm aware that's not Wood's game but to be honest I've never quite worked out what is. Ok he's a poacher but he missed some real sitters this last season and for the most part was chasing shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by frantastic51 View Post
    Watched Jay Rod storming through mid-field into attack a time or two last season (with the ball of course) ever seen Wood do that. He's just what we need to make things happen.I'm getting quite excited by the prospect!! By the way, I'm aware that's not Wood's game but to be honest I've never quite worked out what is. Ok he's a poacher but he missed some real sitters this last season and for the most part was chasing shadows.
    I don’t dis like wood he’s got it in him to be a very good player

He’s a bit like Vokes for me in temperament not horrible enough if he had Barnes drive and

Horrible streak he’d be a force to be reckoned with.

In his defence if we had players who got wide to the corners and delivered ball for him to come on to it he’d be a different proposition for teams instead of diagonal balls played into him with his back to goal, that’s why I’m always banging on about wide men that can deliver good ball at pace, we’re horrible to play against now but we’d really upset a few if we could produce that in our matches.

Jay and Wood up top with Barnes in more of a deep roaming forward or attacking Mid position Hendrick misses out.

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    Jay and Wood up top with Barnes in more of a deep roaming forward or attacking Mid position Hendrick misses out.
    I like the sound of that!

Barnes is perfect for that role, not afraid to get stuck in decent ball retention and still has a bit of pace to get forward would be perfect to stop counter attacks and disrupt play. basically everything Hendrick is supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I like the sound of that!
    Just a Thought, Though Glad Jay is Back,......How many times for WBA Last season Did Jay get Subbed ??
    It was quite often,...Maybe the Manager thought he was doing it all himself,...Hopefully .

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    Just a Thought, Though Glad Jay is Back,......How many times for WBA Last season Did Jay get Subbed ??
    It was quite often,...Maybe the Manager thought he was doing it all himself,...Hopefully .
    Including their two play-off games, Jay started 47 league games and completed 37, having been sent off in the 63rd minute against Sheffield Wednesday on 29 December 2018 in a 1-1 draw. He was substituted in 65th minute in one game which they drew 2-2. the 75th minute in a 1-1 draw, 78th minute in a 1-2 defeat (at Blackburn), 80th minute in a 4-2 win, 85th minute in a 0-2 defeat, 86th minute in a 2-1 win, 89th minute twice in a 1-1 draw and a 3-2 win and in the 93rd minute in a 1-0 win.

He played a lot of minutes last season and scored 22 goals in the process----what lies ahead? Who knows!

Well well.You have to smile when reading this board.Doom and gloom since the end of last season,relegation on the horizon.Garlick doesn't know what he's doing.Rigg hasn't a clue and NOW how are we going to fit players in? Defence sorted,midfield options if Barnes moves there and a surfeit of forwards.Surely you can't all have changed your minds,there must be some of you still moaning,well at least I hope so,I enjoy a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Well well.You have to smile when reading this board.Doom and gloom since the end of last season,relegation on the horizon.Garlick doesn't know what he's doing.Rigg hasn't a clue and NOW how are we going to fit players in? Defence sorted,midfield options if Barnes moves there and a surfeit of forwards.Surely you can't all have changed your minds,there must be some of you still moaning,well at least I hope so,I enjoy a good laugh.
    Suddenly the sun has got his hat on, the team is fit to play, the sun has got his hat on and we are on our way!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)