+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Shay Logan

Shay Logan

I have just watched Logan's mistake again which presented the Finn's with a goal. Instead of belting the ball up the park he plays it into the danger area to a Finnish player who had no Dons players near him. One pass later and they have an away goal. Am I surprised? Not at all. He has been doing it for years and has never been dropped to my knowledge for poor performances. He is the weakest link in our defense and has been for a while. Clean sheets have been like hens teeth for months and Logan has not helped. His positional play is appalling at times as he is often found loitering at the edge of the penalty area as a fast winger hits the bye line and gets in a dangerous cross. His marking at set pieces is also poor. We need a proper right back to give him competition for the jersey.

I had him pencilled in for man of the match contention before that mistake.

He's been making stupid mistakes for about three years now. He was once very reliable.

For someone who apparently doesn’t get criticised that much Logan is certainly getting a lot of criticism.

You could start a thread on any of the defenders because they all make mistakes.

I would start one about Considine but I can’t be @rsed arguing all night with people trying to defend him.

Logan does have a tendency to switch off every now and again, which can be costly. I don't think he's ever had much competition for his place in the starting line up. Gallagher seems to be versatile and has played RB previously. Once we get a couple of midfielders in, perhaps McInnes will use him there, which would keep Logan on his toes. The thought of Gallagher bombing up the right and Leigh bombing up the left does sound good. Although perhaps Gallagher will be used elsewhere to maximise the effects of his pace and energy.

Nice positive way to start the season on abmad. One wee mistake albeit it a costly one and the knives are out.

With fans like ours who needs enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    For someone who apparently doesn’t get criticised that much Logan is certainly getting a lot of criticism.

You could start a thread on any of the defenders because they all make mistakes.

I would start one about Considine but I can’t be @rsed arguing all night with people trying to defend him.
    Think I was the only one in here to criticise Considine for potentially giving away a penalty (it was a stonewaller) in the RoPS game.
    Other than that he played well enough and even put in some great crosses (Cosgrove should have score the one rolled to the back post)

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Nice positive way to start the season on abmad. One wee mistake albeit it a costly one and the knives are out.

With fans like ours who needs enemies.
    Booooooo. Happy clapper alert.

It was the same with that **** Willie Miller. He should never have played for us again after that ****-up in the cup replay against TMSTID in 1977.

Or that prick Leighton, when two minutes into that pre-season friendly v Middlesbrough, he lost one through his bandy legs. He should have been sent back to Deveronbanff, the useless bandy ****er.

http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=5812&season=1978-79&squad=Senior

Er.....boooooooo
    Last edited by 57vintage; 13-07-2019 at 04:14 PM.

He was solid the whole game , broke up a few attacks and got forward , I would have said he had a good game.
    Unfortunately he's capable of a brain fart at times.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Booooooo. Happy clapper alert.

It was the same with that **** Willie Miller. He should never have played for us again after that ****-up in the cup replay against TMSTID in 1977.

Or that prick Leighton, when two minutes into that pre-season friendly v Middlesbrough, he lost one through his bandy legs. He should have been sent back to Deveronbanff, the useless bandy ****er.

http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/f...9&squad=Senior

Er.....boooooooo
    I still laugh, thinking of my late dad (RIP dad )when Leighton made his debut, he slated him non stop and kept saying he didn't have a patch on Clark.
    Maybe thats who I get all the positivity from

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast