+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Press Conference at 8am

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Interview with Neil Ardley from last night:

https://www.facebook.com/nottscounty...3637310103998/
    I know he has his detractors but I find the man a pleasure to listen too.

Interview with Neil Ardley from last night:

https://www.facebook.com/nottscounty...3637310103998/
    Spoke well once again IMO. Honest in his appraisal of how tough it will be to put a good squad together. At this moment in time says we ain’t ready for the season ahead. Player recruitment and not being tested physically with long balls and set pieces being peppered in to the box.
    With all that’s gone off my expectations are of a season of consolidation. To get promoted or be challenging for promotion now would take something miraculous, good players signing and loads of luck with key players staying fit.

Interesting to hear NA say that "avoiding relegation would only have papered over the cracks."
    We are where we are and hopefully with the new owners we will have an opportunity to rebuild both the club and our reputation.
    However, without the tangible support of us all, which seems undoubted during recent times, and the support of Neal Ardley the job will be much more difficult.

I was interested in what he had to say about the team spirit. I thought he was (and did to a certain degree) going to say how good the spirit is, but he also suggested that some of the problems in the dressing room from last year still persist.

I know, this doesn't necessarily mean bad player attitudes, and the pre-season results, performances and the fact that nobody has outwardly spat their dummies out, support that, but I do wonder what else he may have been alluding to when he said that there are still a lot of things that need sorting regarding this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I was interested in what he had to say about the team spirit. I thought he was (and did to a certain degree) going to say how good the spirit is, but he also suggested that some of the problems in the dressing room from last year still persist.

I know, this doesn't necessarily mean bad player attitudes, and the pre-season results, performances and the fact that nobody has outwardly spat their dummies out, support that, but I do wonder what else he may have been alluding to when he said that there are still a lot of things that need sorting regarding this issue.
    It was an interesting comment. I’m not sure what else it could mean except that 1 or 2 players are bad apples,

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post

Yes I picked up on that too, said that some 'things' still need eradicating in terms of the dressing room culture. Who knows if things refers to people or habits.

I've also just seen Chipperfield interview the new owners and they struck me as very intelligent guys. They refused to give a target for a 10 year plan saying the first target is to get out of the conference, and said that initially we'll be recruiting English players but in time we could sign foreign players scouted via their data analysis.

Some video of their first interview here:

https://www.facebook.com/BBCNottingh...4443911204096/
    Last edited by countygump; 27-07-2019 at 08:48 AM.

Sound and look such humble people.

Wow !

These guys are the exact opposite of Hardy: calm, thoughtful, intelligent, modest and infused with modern ideas... and to think we passed over the convicted criminal shysters for these two !!

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Sound and look such humble people.
    Best of luck lads, good club and need you in the League, far too much money in the Premier League with teams morally worse than you guys. from a Lions fan.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast