+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Pick 5 Winners Competition 2019/20 Season Table and Chat

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I thought the 5pts for goals was only if you got all the predictions correct ?
    CAM, I posted the following:

Yes, you are going to predict on all eleven games. I will award a point for each one you get correct and should you get ALL of them correct there's that big 20 bonus points going on the top of your final score. I will also add an extra 5 points for the 'Total goals scored' tally.

This did not mean you had to get the fixtures and goals correct as this would never have happened as proven by the scores raised by everyone. If that were the case nothing would ever be won and if anyone would have predicted all fixtures correct and the goals scored correct, then they would have probably been picked up and taken out to the desert in Vegas and shot

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CAM, I posted the following:

Yes, you are going to predict on all eleven games. I will award a point for each one you get correct and should you get ALL of them correct there's that big 20 bonus points going on the top of your final score. I will also add an extra 5 points for the 'Total goals scored' tally.

This did not mean you had to get the fixtures and goals correct as this would never have happened as proven by the scores raised by everyone. If that were the case nothing would ever be won and if anyone would have predicted all fixtures correct and the goals scored correct, then they would have probably been picked up and taken out to the desert in Vegas and shot
    In contractual law Brin your highlighted sentence, as it's part of the same paragraph, relates to the previous sentence and therefore the 5pts should only be awarded if you get ALL of them correct. If you were in the US I'd be suing you. (Just did something similar to get a $100K bonus on a job rather than a $10K bonus due to poor wording and won )

I’m happy with that, well done Leedsmiller on the twelve points.

In contractual law Brin your highlighted sentence, as it's part of the same paragraph, relates to the previous sentence and therefore the 5pts should only be awarded if you get ALL of them correct. If you were in the US I'd be suing you. (Just did something similar to get a $100K bonus on a job rather than a $10K bonus due to poor wording and won )
    Well done fella, the beers are definitely on you next time

As for suing me, this is the UK not the USA money mad machine, bring it on 😜💷💷💷💷💷💵💵💵💵💵

Dear Mr Brin, I thank you for your prompt and decisive action and your courteous response. I'm also in agreement with your assertion that the intervention by our trans-Atlantic colleague is without merit or substance. I suggest he be impeached on the grounds that he is attempting to use the power of his office to subvert the rules of the competition which are clearly and explicitly stated in your memorandum of 15 December 2019.

May I take this opportunity to thank you and frog for your steadfast application and organisation. I wish you and all Millers and their families a very happy and healthy festive season.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    I’m happy with that, well done Leedsmiller on the twelve points.
    Thank you, Godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller View Post
    Dear Mr Brin, I thank you for your prompt and decisive action and your courteous response. I'm also in agreement with your assertion that the intervention by our trans-Atlantic colleague is without merit or substance. I suggest he be impeached on the grounds that he is attempting to use the power of his office to subvert the rules of the competition which are clearly and explicitly stated in your memorandum of 15 December 2019.

May I take this opportunity to thank you and frog for your steadfast application and organisation. I wish you and all Millers and their families a very happy and healthy festive season.

, these part time yanks, what do they know? Seasons greetings and best wishes also to you and your loved ones, and for 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    , these part time yanks, what do they know? Seasons greetings and best wishes also to you and your loved ones, and for 2020.
    Bah humbug! I remember the good old days of Prediction Leagues where the rules remained the same throughout the season. I'm looking forward to the New Year when the stragglers are allowed incrementally more picks the more useless they are

Bah humbug! I remember the good old days of Prediction Leagues where the rules remained the same throughout the season. I'm looking forward to the New Year when the stragglers are allowed incrementally more picks the more useless they are
    CAM, actually I'm glad you've brought that up. I think I will bring in 5 points for the correct goals scored tally. One point don't seem to be helping the league and as proved by this weekend's results, 3 of our predictors moved significantly in the League by earning those 5 precious points.

This will be a fair playing field as it will apply to everyone who enters. Just imagine you might go from mid table to the bottom of the League as others overtake you.....

I will be looking to bring this in on the 4th January during the FA Cup 3rd round ties. Can't see there being any objections, as anyone can win those extra 5 points. I'll speak with Le Frog and see what he thinks.

The only point I'd make, Brin, is that it shifts the balance of the competition. Hitherto, the emphasis has been on predicting results (it is, after all, the Pick 5 Winners Competition), with a bonus point added for the goals tally. If this change is implemented, you could have a situation whereby someone correctly predicts a creditable 4 out of 5 winners but is outscored by someone else who gets all his predictions wrong but the goal tally right. In effect, it becomes a Guess the Goals contest with bonus points for correct results.

If you really want to shake things up week by week but maintain the main thrust of the competition, why not award (5/10) bonus points to those who 'Pick 5 Winners', which has happened on very many occasions this season. (Don't know why I'm suggesting this, it's like Liverpool voting for a rules change because they're so far ahead in the League ).

Just a thought...

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast