+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Pick 5 Winners Competition 2019/20 Season Table and Chat

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Wouldn't dream of it gm_gm. Brin apologise now!

Told you he was mardy!
    Sorry gm_gm it was Frog's idea to take the piss, like a fool I followed suit....sorry pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Sorry gm_gm it was Frog's idea to take the piss, like a fool I followed suit....sorry pal.
    Lol...only joking Brin...carry on, Froggy will

Happy new year you spineless tw@t

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Lol...only joking Brin...carry on, Froggy will
    Tickets got for the sarfend and 99% for Donny game if you're not playing golf we could meet for a pint

Tickets got for the sarfend and 99% for Donny game if you're not playing golf we could meet for a pint
    That would be great, not playing golf you Frog face git let me know in advance and I’ll buy your beer again !

Happy new year you spineless tw@t
    ..... I’m with you Frog screw gm_gm....New Year and all that.....

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    That would be great, not playing golf you Frog face git let me know in advance and I’ll buy your beer again !
    Look forward to it

I know you think I'm being pedantic Brin but the rule frog put in place was that if you got all the predictions and the total goals correct you'd get 10pts and they were awarded when ackworth achieved this feat. I wasn't aware that rule was ever dropped, only disputed correctly by Leedsmiller when you suggested modifying it to always give 5pts for just getting the goals as it took the focus away from result predicting. Therefore, with the new incentive of double points for getting all 5 correct (e.g. 10pts), then surely you should get 15pts if you get all 5 predictions and the goals?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I know you think I'm being pedantic Brin but the rule frog put in place was that if you got all the predictions and the total goals correct you'd get 10pts and they were awarded when ackworth achieved this feat. I wasn't aware that rule was ever dropped, only disputed correctly by Leedsmiller when you suggested modifying it to always give 5pts for just getting the goals as it took the focus away from result predicting. Therefore, with the new incentive of double points for getting all 5 correct (e.g. 10pts), then surely you should get 15pts if you get all 5 predictions and the goals?

CAM, to settle this once and for all, we will run with what you have put.

Something had to be done in order to break the table up as it was becoming too boring and stagnated with almost everyone averaging 2 - 4 points each week and the table was going nowhere.

The idea to add a further 5 points for getting all 5 predictions correct was a way of giving everyone the opportunity to 'break away' from the stagnation. It was very gracious of LeedsMiller to agree with this, as he was leading the table at the time.

So be it. Points will be up to 5 for predictions or 10 if you get all 5 correct.
    The goal tally shall remain at 1 point if you fail to achieve 5/5 predictions. If you hit 5/5 and get the goal tally also correct then your score will be 15 points in total. Can we leave it at that now please.

CAM, to settle this once and for all, we will run with what you have put.

Something had to be done in order to break the table up as it was becoming too boring and stagnated with almost everyone averaging 2 - 4 points each week and the table was going nowhere.

The idea to add a further 5 points for getting all 5 predictions correct was a way of giving everyone the opportunity to 'break away' from the stagnation. It was very gracious of LeedsMiller to agree with this, as he was leading the table at the time.

So be it. Points will be up to 5 for predictions or 10 if you get all 5 correct.
    The goal tally shall remain at 1 point if you fail to achieve 5/5 predictions. If you hit 5/5 and get the goal tally also correct then your score will be 15 points in total. Can we leave it at that now please.
    You're the boss Brin, just wanted to make sure that if it happens everyone is clear (obviously you or me won't do it with our form )

Incentives to keep interest is always a difficult one, especially when you don't want to seem unfair to the ones who have toiled away and built a lead. Frog did introduce some nuances last season like giving more points in the FA Cup for picking lower league winners and then towards the end allowing more predictions for the poor performers. Not saying do that again. Maybe next season we should use a F1 like scoring system, 1=1pt, 2=2pts, 3=4pts, 4=6pts, 5=10pts or something so catch up (not ketchup) is always on the table?

Anyway, a big thanks for doing this while frog sits on his lily pad and hoping you have a happy and healthy 2020.

CAM

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast