+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Pick 5 Winners Competition 2019/20 Season Table and Chat

For next season how about
    Win 1PTS
    All 5 10pts
    Correct goals 5
    All 5 and goals 20

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    For next season how about
    Win 1PTS
    All 5 10pts
    Correct goals 5
    All 5 and goals 20
    That would be an improvement. (I would be walking away with the post-covid mini-tournament if we already had that in place!!)

One small refinement (to pip-y's proposal) I would suggest would be, say, 6 points for getting four home wins. It's already quite difficult to get four wins and a bonus at that level would help widen the gaps but give more to play for when you're down the league but have a couple of good weeks.

The only thing I might question in pip-y's proposal is 20 points for all five wins and the goals. Seems to be too much of an accumulator. 15 sounds good since it already incorporates a generous bonus for getting the goals right and the doubling of points for getting all five wins.

Something to take into consideration, keep the ideas coming gents.

I was also thinking of bringing in something obscure like 5 points for predicting a draw. You would 'definitely' have to state it as a draw and not just expect the points given if a game results in a draw where you'd chosen a team to win. I have eyesight like a s.hithouse rat and wouldn't miss a thing. The older end will know what I'm on about with the rat .

Drawn games are few and far between so to gamble on it happening, you deserve extra recognition by bagging 5 points.

If keeping it simple is no longer the goal then just go back to the old format. 10 fixtures across the leagues, everyone predicts all the scores. 2pts for a correct result or 5pts + 1pt per goal for a correct score. e.g. predict 2-2 and it ends 1-1 you get 2pts. Predict 2-2 and it ends 2-2 you get 9pts.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    If keeping it simple is no longer the goal then just go back to the old format. 10 fixtures across the leagues, everyone predicts all the scores. 2pts for a correct result or 5pts + 1pt per goal for a correct score. e.g. predict 2-2 and it ends 1-1 you get 2pts. Predict 2-2 and it ends 2-2 you get 9pts.
    Thats to many permutations. Oh and get your PL choice on

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Thats to many permutations. Oh and get your PL choice on
    Just do 5 games then.

My predictomenter/crypticometer is bust so I've asked my pet octopus to make the picks and he's sleeping at the moment. His alarm is set in time though so don't fret

KEEP IT SIMPLE.
    1 point home win.
    2 points draw.
    3 points away win.
    No need for lucky bonus points or complicated formulas, you fail or succeed on you ability to predict the correct result for you teams.

Quote Originally Posted by parkgatewelfare View Post
    KEEP IT SIMPLE.
    1 point home win.
    2 points draw.
    3 points away win.
    No need for lucky bonus points or complicated formulas, you fail or succeed on you ability to predict the correct result for you teams.
    PW, I agree that's a simple enough formula but we need the odd breakaway score so as to split the pack. This current mini league has barely nothing between it from top to bottom. That's why we need to spice things up. Thanks for the idea, anyone's welcome to suggest something that may be good to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    PW, I agree that's a simple enough formula but we need the odd breakaway score so as to split the pack. This current mini league has barely nothing between it from top to bottom. That's why we need to spice things up. Thanks for the idea, anyone's welcome to suggest something that may be good to use.
    If we picked five matches each week and depending how brave you are thats upto 15 points. plenty of scope for breakaways.

Quote Originally Posted by parkgatewelfare View Post
    If we picked five matches each week and depending how brave you are thats upto 15 points. plenty of scope for breakaways.
    Fair point, however, if all the top teams are at home you'd have to be bloody brave to pick an away win .

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast