+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: FAO GarlickBread

No worries BT, I have tried to spell it out (again), it is not my problem if Attilla still cannot understand all that has been said by myself and others and takes issue with me or the way Garlick was treated, its his problem.

And if he wants to continue like a dog with a bone (just like Garlick did) then by all means let him carry on, as he states "Its just people expressing veiws BT , its no big deal really " But like Garlicks posts, its seemingly trying to score points, which adds nothing to the board, is pointless and brings down the tone, so continue fishing Attilla, But after trying to explain (which you wouldn't get with Carrot Phoney) this one has stopped biting.

Good , I prefer you when you are quiet to be fair .
    BT , I will refrain from conversating with Altobeli as his agenda just seems to be its his way or no way , as he's never wrong like the previous editor.
    I tried to point out that he's not the messiah he thinks he is , but he does'nt get it and that's his problem.
    No biting for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Attilla View Post
    Good , I prefer you when you are quiet to be fair .
    BT , I will refrain from conversating with Altobeli as his agenda just seems to be its his way or no way , as he's never wrong like the previous editor.
    I tried to point out that he's not the messiah he thinks he is , but he does'nt get it and that's his problem.
    No biting for me.
    We have a deliberately absent editor on here Attilla, you will see the odd editorial reference to TEC (The Editor's Chair), but we run this site with only two moderators. No Billy Big Bollox on here, if Alto thinks an odd word here and there is needed to keep the ship steady, that's fine with me.

Best to just post and enjoy the banter, no name calling ( I phucking hate that and it is NOT tolerated on here), all opinions are valid, but IMHO there is a time to stop flogging a dead horse and that is what this rather small storm in a rather small teacup is really all about.

I love this forum,we all get on soooo well.. Come back Garlick and keep posting along with Attila etc..

And yes 59/60, I do come across as a bit of a racist at times,but I couldn't give a flying phook..

I'm with Attilla and 69 on this one, only problem with free speech on this forum seems to be on any posters being positive about the club, apparently that's trolling

Quote Originally Posted by HeidyClaret View Post
    I'm with Attilla and 69 on this one, only problem with free speech on this forum seems to be on any posters being positive about the club, apparently that's trolling
    Count me in as one of your "trolls" then HeidyC. I like how our Board operates, I like how Mike Garlick goes about safeguarding our football club, Rigg has obviously joined the kick in and we will not be relegated.

Just a few observations on this latest storm in a teacup.

First of all Garlickbread has not been banned, he threw his toys out of the pram and flounced off, making the bizarre claim that he was being denied his right to free speech, and yet it's Alto who gets accused of taking himself too seriously.

There are two Mods on this board, Alto and BT, and it couldn't exist without them, if anyone is unhappy with the way they operate I'm sure any offers of assistance would be appreciated by both of them.

Looking back over the last 150 threads started on CM in the last three months or so, there have been 25 different posters contributing, 5 of them have contributions in double figures, another 4 between 5 and 9 contributions, These 25 posters are the lifeblood of this forum, they put up their opinions for discussion and argument, they have to be prepared to be argued with, told they're wrong and sometimes laughed at, it goes with the territory, but they are prepared to put their heads above the parapet and be shot at.

Garlickbread isn't amongst those 25, as far as I can tell, and I stand to be corrected, he hasn't made one single contribution since he suddenly arrived out of the blue on this forum, all he has done is lurk in the background and snipe at the contributions of others. Which of course he is perfectly entitled to do, but I fail to see how this makes him a 'good poster', in my opinion he's nothing of the sort, he simply exists on the backs of those that do attempt to make a positive contribution to the board.

If no one was prepared to put the time and effort into modding this board that Alto does, it couldn't exist, if we were all 'good posters' like Garlickbread, simply sitting back sniping and contributing nothing, it wouldn't exist.
    Last edited by sinkov; 06-08-2019 at 08:21 AM.

Mrng guys, just thought I'd chip in at the end of this thread from a chapesses point of view!

I'm all for healthy banter it's what makes the world go round and by and large that's what we have on here. I've not been posting on here very long, but have been reading the Forum for some time now. Sometimes it gets a bit near the knuckle from a female perspective, but having spent a good deal of my life around chaps, both in the working environment and fell runners it's not as though I haven't heard it all before. It is good that we have people keeping an eye on posts and they do a good job by and large.

Anyway, the ONE thing we all have in common is our love of Burnley despite our differences in other camps.
    Here's to more banter, more laughs (and there have been many) and good will to all men (and women).

C'mon you Clarets.!!

Quote Originally Posted by frantastic51 View Post
    Mrng guys, just thought I'd chip in at the end of this thread from a chapesses point of view!

I'm all for healthy banter it's what makes the world go round and by and large that's what we have on here. I've not been posting on here very long, but have been reading the Forum for some time now. Sometimes it gets a bit near the knuckle from a female perspective, but having spent a good deal of my life around chaps, both in the working environment and fell runners it's not as though I haven't heard it all before. It is good that we have people keeping an eye on posts and they do a good job by and large.

Anyway, the ONE thing we all have in common is our love of Burnley despite our differences in other camps.
    Here's to more banter, more laughs (and there have been many) and good will to all men (and women).

C'mon you Clarets.!!
    Reminds me of when I worked at Nelson Fire Station Fran, we had a female cook, her standard greeting to me when I walked into her kitchen first thing in the morning was 'What's the matter with you, you f*****g w****r' to which she received a suitable reply. I don't think it could happen nowadays.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)