+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FAO GarlickBread

FAO GarlickBread

I was just wondering as we are all Burnley supporters on here Garlick, if you came on this Forum for conversation and debate with posters who have different opinions than yourself, to share each others knowledge and differences and above all to have banter(fun).

Posters on here put down their thoughts and hopes, and others have the right to challenge them, but in a thoughtful and respectful manner, myself and a few others have noticed some disrespect bordering on aggression and abruptness in your posts, plus being like a dog with a bone in not letting things rest and agreeing to disagree, all of which makes some regulars on here reluctant to post as they usually would.

As you may know this Forum used to be the busiest site on FootyMad, and it could have been busier but it was run by the dictator Tony Scholes who with his inner circle would insult, belittle, ridicule, edit posts and ban people for any slightest abuse that came back in retaliation towards him or his clique, I'm happy to say those days are long gone and this board is all the better for it.

At the moment this message board is nowhere near as busy, but we pride ourselves on freedom of speech for all as long as its healthy and in good spirits with a give and take attitude, and we do welcome new posters who contribute to the Forum whether they agree or disagree with topics/subjects, but also show some respect to others and regular members, just like anyone would who visits someone's home and wants to return, they would be more considerate with their replies if they valued their own presence and wanted to belong and continue with healthy positive discussions, I do hope the latter part of this paragraph is why you are here Garlick.

I wonder who Garlick really is..? Come on Garlick,who did you post as before?

His opinions are welcome and valid, but like Alto says he is new to the forum and just needs to wind his neck in a tad. We must be doing something right on here because I can't remember the last time anyone was yellow or red carded?

How's the tarmacking going Alf? Which part of the UK is currently under threat from Bodgit and Scarper?

Well, I must have missed the posts that have offended you.

Garlick tends to be on the same page as me on most things - and I will certainly continue to speak my views.

Garlick, you can be my mate

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

Garlick tends to be on the same page as me on most things - and I will certainly continue to speak my views.

Strange post that 59, if anyone has suggested that you, Garlick or anyone else will not be allowed to speak their views I must have missed it, please point me in the right direction.

You could fall out in an empty house 1959_60.

Thanks 59/60, appreciate the support.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Strange post that 59, if anyone has suggested that you, Garlick or anyone else will not be allowed to speak their views I must have missed it, please point me in the right direction.
    That's exactly what Alto is suggesting in his OP, it's basically a threat of a banning if I don't toe the party line.

Freedom of speech, my arse.

No need to ban me though, I won't bother posting again and will leave you lot to your negative echo chamber where fact-based discussion seems to be frowned upon.

I'd say that I hope you all enjoy the season, but I reckon most of you would only enjoy it if you're proved right and we're relegated
    Last edited by GarlickBread; 04-08-2019 at 11:04 AM.

I love this board. I enjoy the hearing the various opinions being put forward, sometimes in a blunt, direct way.

I'm struggling to see why Garlick has been singled out amongst the lot of us - in my opinion there are posters on here who are much more aggressive than Garlick, but I am happy for them to have their two penneth.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlickBread View Post
    Thanks 59/60, appreciate the support.

That's exactly what Alto is suggesting in his OP, it's basically a threat of a banning if I don't toe the party line.

Freedom of speech, my arse.

No need to ban me though, I won't bother posting again and will leave you lot to your negative echo chamber where fact-based discussion seems to be frowned upon.

I'd say that I hope you all enjoy the season, but I reckon most of you would only enjoy it if you're proved right and we're relegated
    I understand your feelings Garlickand I'm on your side. If i were you I'd just continue as normal and ignore the thought police on here.

Well done lads.

I understand your feelings Garlickand I'm on your side. If i were you I'd just continue as normal and ignore the thought police on here.

Well done lads.
    "Thought Police?" Please explain?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)