+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp league table 2019-20

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Look at Alf at the bottom
    He's always been a bottom feeder Coco

I cant hear you laughing now on here uncle Alf. lol
    Your top this week on England mad, but your munching on the wooden spoon again on here, and thats normally Chalky's job isnt it... and on both boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I cant hear you laughing now on here uncle Alf. lol
    Your top this week on England mad, but your munching on the wooden spoon again on here, and thats normally Chalky's job isnt it... and on both boards.
    I'm taking it more seriously on here this year Acido and if I'm not doing well later I shall be offering Griff a brown envelope Sam Allardyce style to "review" my scores....(taps nose knowingly) Shhhhh....

That’s a beautiful place Piglet. I’ve never been to Rumania, much less Sighisoara, but it makes me want to go. Anyway you were miles away from the answer; the black mamba. Both contain a hiss but you chose the wrong one.

Anyway, if you want to judge yourself the average score this week was 4.8 which is quite poor. Not a single score in double figures. Top-scorer was Nobby with 8 which lifts him from 11th to 6th. Last week’s leader Howoldboy scored the lowest with 2, which must leave him regretting choosing mostly draws. He drops to 4th.

Our antipodeans (if the Philippines counts) are bookending the table, but at least Alf’s off the bottom. It’s all temporary though isn’t it? There’s a long way to go. Next week’s update will be from a beach, so bear/bare with me if it’s a bit late.

Sorry Chalky, there wasn’t enough in the envelope.

Relax until next week.

1 AussieBranch...........(6) 27
    2 Psaw.......................(7) 26
    3 Piglet......................(5) 25
    4= Howoldboy.............(2) 24
    4= Altobelli.................(6) 24
    6= Nobbyblue.............(8) 23
    6= Mullen...................(4) 23
    8 Cayambe.................(3) 22
    9= Chalky...................(5) 21
    9= Acido.....................(3) 21
    11= Pete.....................(4) 20
    11= Crusha.................(5) 20
    13= Griff.....................(5) 19
    13= Alf.......................(6) 19
    15= Southblue.............(5) 18
    15= NZBlue.................(3) 18

As always, I’m grateful for checks on all of this, even if it’s only your own score and place in the table.
    Last edited by griff; 25-08-2019 at 07:48 AM.

I dont think i've ever been top in four years of doing this! The only way is down 😂

Worryingly Psaw is second

Merry Christmas, Piglet, but I’m not Santa so no point.

Also a big welcome back to Gaz. As an EOB he starts on 10 and good scoring this week has him already snapping on the heels of the pack.

Average this week was 5.9 but there was a wide range of scoring. Nice one Chalky who top-scored with 10 thanks to 3 correct scores. At the other end Nobby only got 2. So, that’s Chalky UP 6 spots and Nobby DOWN 6.

Anyway, that’s all for this week as Mrsgriff and I are off to see some ancient ruins. Well, they may not be ruins when we get there but......

1 AussieBranch...........(8) 35
    2 Howoldboy...............(8) 32
    3 Chalky...................(10) 31
    4= Psaw.....................(4) 30
    4= Piglet....................(5) 30
    6= Mullen...................(6) 29
    6= Cayambe...............(7) 29
    8= Crusha..................(7) 27
    8= Altobelli.................(3) 27
    8= Alf.........................(8) 27
    11 Acido.....................(5) 26
    12= Nobbyblue............(2) 25
    12= Pete.....................(5) 25
    14 NZBlue...................(6) 24
    15 Griff.......................(4) 23
    16 Southblue...............(3) 21
    17 Gaz............(EOB10+9) 19

I think somebody has been tampering with my predictions.

Interesting place Greenland, Piglet; massive country but few people live there. Beautiful in its own way though - have a look at YouTube posts from photographers James Popsys, Thomas Heaton and Brendan Van Son earlier this year. Correct answer was Alaska though - you got the wrong US purchase so no point.

Anyway, I must be making this too easy as scores were high this week. In fact, only 3 folk failed to predict at least one correct score, and the average was 8.2.
    Poor week to not turn up - Acido and Nobby drop down as a consequence.

A mention in dispatches for Gaz who only returned last week as an EOB and is already up to 12th. Howoldboy top-scored with 13, only getting three results wrong, and is awarded this virtual round of applause. Woe is Pete, who only managed 3 and may now be heckled. Gaz and me are up 5 positions while Mullen suffered the worst, going down 4. AussieBranch scored well and remains on top, though only by a point.

Anyway, I’ll be back on Tuesday, have you missed me? Thought not.

1 AussieBranch..........(11) 46
    2 Howoldboy..............(13) 45
    3 Piglet.....................(12) 42
    4= Crusha.................(10) 37
    4= Chalky...................(6) 37
    6 Alf...........................(9) 36
    7= Psaw.....................(5) 35
    7= Cayambe...............(6) 35
    7= Altobelli.................(8) 35
    10= Griff...................(11) 34
    10= Mullen..................(5) 34
    12= NZBlue.................(6) 30
    12= Gaz....................(11) 30
    14 Acido................(Dne3) 29
    15= Southblue.............(7) 28
    15= Pete.....................(3) 28
    15= Nobbyblue.......(Dne3) 28

That’s an obscure part of LA, Piglet, full of small businesses and derelict buildings. Is this some small reflection upon the situation with our squad? Anyway the correct answer, as you’ve probably realised by now, was the whole of Liverpool, so no point. You got the wrong la.

Moving on, the average this week was 5.2 though Pete and Crusha brought that figure down with a couple of spectacular 1s. Crusha moves down 7 spots as a result while Pete takes the bottom place. LA-loving Piglet top-scored with 10 and moves into equal top spot with AussieBranch. Alf failed to turn up and is down 6 spots to 12th. You can’t take your eye off the ball in this game.

Mid-table is now packed with nearly a third of entrants on 40 points. In the case of Mullen and I, only just scraping over the average was enough to raise us both from 10th to 5th.

The top 3 have now opened up a gap. It’s the job for the rest of us not to let that gap get even bigger. Will grey skies clear up? Will we put on a happy face? Find out in next week’s gripping instalment.....

1= Piglet..................(10) 52
    1= AussieBranch.........(6) 52
    3 Howoldboy...............(6) 51
    4 Chalky.....................(5) 42
    5= Psaw.....................(5) 40
    5= Mullen..................(6) 40
    5= Griff......................(6) 40
    5= Cayambe...............(5) 40
    5= Altobelli.................(5) 40
    10 NZBlue..................(9) 39
    11 Crusha..................(1) 38
    12 Alf...................(dne1) 37
    13 Gaz......................(4) 34
    14= Southblue...........(5) 33
    14= Acido..................(4) 33
    16 Nobbyblue.............(4) 32
    17 Pete......................(1) 29

Check stuff as usual.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)