+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we sell Tarkowski if the Release Clause kicks in?

Where on earth could you buy an England centre back for £20 million...

Attachment 13489

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    So their valuation of squarehead(who by the way injured Robbie Brady to such an extent that he has never been the same)is £80m and they value Tarks at £20m.They must be learning from Garlick.
    I personally think Tarks could be even better than Maguire if he improved his distribution.
    For me Tarky has all the goods needed to be a great player. When he first came on for Kean he was sharp, made some great tackles and was hungry and driven. Since then he seems a bit nonchalant... I would love to see Tarky by the side of Van Dijk or someone like that that would keep him sharp at all times But for now I am very happy he is still at Burnley working alongside Mee.

I would agree with the nonchalant comment Will, I'd also agree with some saying that with VAR he will have to be very careful as he does like to man handle opposition players a bit too much, I know all defenders do it but Tarky seems not able or not wanting to disguise it too much.

The trouble with Tarkowski is it all comes a bit too easy for him, he needs a centre back like Dyche beside him to make him concentrate.

This nonchalant sweep of the foot and the mid air push needs to stop...

Attachment 13494

So their valuation of squarehead(who by the way injured Robbie Brady to such an extent that he has never been the same)is £80m and they value Tarks at £20m.They must be learning from Garlick.
    I personally think Tarks could be even better than Maguire if he improved his distribution.
    Hey CIB, I thought I was the only one who thought Maguire played a huge part in Brady's injury. From the moment it happened I was incensed that nothing came of it.

I agree CiB, I think Tarko was unlucky to pick up that injury when he was on the verge of the England team. Maguire has done well for England but I'm convinced Tarko would have become a fixture in the England team, had he been given the chance instead of Maguire.

for what it's worth....

https://twitter.com/RobTannerLCFC/st...85729%3Fs%3D19

if true - then a decent offer - imo.

More good news, even with our boards desire to cash in on anything that moves, we won't be selling Tarko for £30m. Mike might start getting a bit of a twitch if Leicester mentioned £40m, but it looks like they won't, so we're OK, until January.

Quote Originally Posted by Attilla View Post
    Sounds like Leicester have enquired about Tarkowski but been put off by the price 40M+ , suggestions they are looking elsewhere now.
    The Dael Fry enquiry will in my opinion have been in case Tarkowski leaves , so think that will be dead now if Tarkowski is staying.
    Doesn’t say a lot for Gibson does it when we’re trying to bring in a centre back in case we lose Tarky.
    I know your thinking it’s off but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this happens right at the death.
    I’m still amazed that no one has gone for Vertongen and alderwierld with £25 million buy outs.

What Tarky s value is £30 but maguire is £80 I don’t think so , he’s a good player but no where near van dyke standards, he has mistakes in him.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)