+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: St Mirren v Aberdeen Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    I know its a horrible feeling when our team gets beat but for goodness sake get some perspective its early days min.
    It is, Stewarty27. The trouble is, every season the manager gets new players in and yet we never seem to be moving forward. He always reverts to type.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    When he played last week the 2 things I remember him doing was balloon a shot over the bar and took a corner which failed to beat the Hearts player on the near post.

He was pish last season with a pish attitude and should never have been re signed.

He can’t even get ahead of Main who is also a terrible signing.
    Agree wholeheartedly ... Wilson doesn’t ever display body language that indicates that he looks mildly interested, even if he is, which I doubt, and Main looks like a failed middleweight boxer trying to find his correct weight the way he moves around the pitch. God knows how this season will pan out!? Cosgrove looks to be our best bet despite all the negativity and he never ever lacks effort!!

Our away from is shocking and our next 2 are away! Be warned! Probably lose one win one

Wilson's signing confuses the hell out of me. Given his contribution last season it wasn't merited. Setting that aside, McInnes seems to have no place for him. If all he's going to get is 3 minutes here, 5 minutes there (and typically out of position) he's a dreadful misuse of a limited budget.

It's funny the ones who say it's not panic stations yet? But this is how we've been for the last 12-18 months poor and liable to get pumped from a st Mirren or Hamilton!

Quote Originally Posted by magictorch View Post
    Wilson's signing confuses the hell out of me. Given his contribution last season it wasn't merited. Setting that aside, McInnes seems to have no place for him. If all he's going to get is 3 minutes here, 5 minutes there (and typically out of position) he's a dreadful misuse of a limited budget.
    Wilson's re-signing sums up the lack of ambition at the club. Some worrying signs today, unless you've been on the laughing gas.

I think it is blatantly obvious after today that we cant afford not to play our best team at all times. Wright just hasn't managed to convince that he can step up, much as though I would like a local loon to. We improved hugely when Ojo dropped back after a horrendous first 30 mins and started to take the ball from the centre halves. Ferguson was there at the start he needs to be further up.
    I don't know about Wilson but surely he's a better option than Main. What happened with that disallowed goal? I was to far away to sče?
    All in all a pretty **** game, Smurn missed a couple of gilt edged chances so could have won by more but if it wasn't for that cheating hun Cnut McLean we wouldn't have lost at all.

My random summation of that;

- We’re clearly not good enough to “rest” three or four players. That much is clear.

- Steven McLean is a cheating little c**t.

- Curtis Main & Scott Wright are f*****g awful.

- Jury is out IMO on McLennan.

- what was the point is signing James Wilson?

- nice goal by St Mirren

- our best player was Considine... away at St Mirren.

- Steven McLean is a cheating c**t

- Reckon we’ll be double digits behind the huns this year.

- St Mirren were decent first half & deserved to be ahead.

- second half we had about 70% possession, yet their keeper barely had a save to make.

- Steven McLean is a cheating c**t.

Home form in Europe against very limited opposition has flattered to deceive. The away form has been much more telling. And the SPL showings so far have been shocking. St Mirren are a car crash, yet they outplayed and out thought us. Hearts are in poor form and short of confidence. Yet but for a red card/penalty meltdown last week they'd have beaten us.

Results aside the performances have largely been miserable. McInnes is very much in the Bobby Williamson, if you want entertainment go to the cinema mould. Effectively excruciating. Given we're told we can't compete with Celtic & Rangers before a ball's even been kicked, is positive football too much to ask for? And is it unrealistic to think we couldn't achieve third or fourth (as it was last season) playing that way?

Quote Originally Posted by magictorch View Post
    Spot on!

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast