+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: The once michty v Rijeka

McInnes should be shown a red card by our fans for his negative tactics

**** me guys , Mchunnis is being pushed out , he is going to **** us in ass , never trust a hun

Just watched a bit of that on YouTube. Very poor. Rijeka were streets ahead in terms of athleticism and technique. Aberdeen were seriously exposed down the right for the two goals and in both cases the defenders didn’t march the goal scorers runs. Quality goals though. Ojo clearly doesn’t have the ability to take the ball as he did under pressure in a dangerous situation and his lack of basic ball control ultimately resulted in his red card. Overall, this Aberdeen team doesn’t look great in terms of quality and I’d guess that a scrape for third or fourth in the league/no Cup Finals is the best we can hope for, regrettably.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Literaly nothing positive I can think of about that tonight. Awful from beginning to end. Made the whole "mind games" nonsense regarding Cosgrove utterly embarrassing.

Difficult to even analyse the game, just everything was dreadful...

The build up with the whole Cosgrove thing was stupid

The set up with just 1 up front in a game we needed goals was typically negative

The fact we still had two defensive midfielders playing, neither of whom seemed capable of playing the ball in a forward direction that actually found a team mate

The presence of 2 wingers - McGinn and Hedges yet for most of the game we had zero width

The inability of our players to pass the ball and control the ball

Can only think of 1 occasion when our player went past an opponent in the whole game (Ferguson, more luck than anything)

One shot at goal in 90 minutes

Stupid sending off early in the game (deserved red card)

New players tonight... Leigh looked hopeless, very one footed and poor first touch. Gallagher is fast but doesn't seem to know what he's meant to be doing - what position was he actually meant to be playing?! Hedges - good control, but he's always drifting infield, or coming deep to get the ball in our own half. Ojo - useless waste of space tonight. Main - obviously not an easy role coming on in such circumstances, but from recollection he only managed to control the ball properly once in the entire time he was on the park.
    Agree, especially Leigh and Ojo - they can’t control the ball and will give the ball way in dangerous situations this season.

That's optimistic.

If we can't beat St.Mirren then we're in big trouble.

Well what can I say ... most replies are warranted on this topic.
    What a dire performance, it was no secret we needed goals so they were always going to hit us on the counter.. and they did .
    I agree if we are signing players from 3rd tier English football we are not going to progress in Europe.
    I agree with the guy who said we should be signing players from countries like Croatia they are technically much more gifted than most nations like ourselves.
    Recruitment looks like it’s not been good to us this window. McInnes must take responsibility for this . A striker should score goals that’s the simplest way of putting it.... we get Main who has never had a great scoring record, why???
    I can’t even get into the tactics over the 2 legs as it will get me fuming, but I expected better from McInnes.
    On top of the defeat to St Mirren is the alarm bell sounding???

Ward Vs Lewis
    Logan Vs Logan
    Considine Vs Considine
    Taylor Vs McKenna
    Shinnie Vs Ojo
    Quinn Vs Leigh
    Pawlett-Flood 60 Vs Hedges-Wilson 75
    Jack Vs Ferguson
    Goodwillie-Rooney 79 Vs Cosgrove-Main 53
    Hayes Vs Gallagher
    McGinn-McLean 67 Vs McGinn-Campbell 35

I think it's safe to say that based on the 3-0 victory away last time compared against tonights shocker that the vast drop in quality is glaringly obvious.

From 2015 - 2019 the year on year poor transfer record has massively come home to roost. How many of the current 14 who played tonight would displace any of the 14 who played 4 years ago??

Everyone sign up all social media / fourms under many different accounts and get the WE NEed a Strong Hun/Tim to ****

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    McInnes will be secretly delighted Ojo got sent off, he'll spend the post match interview blaming the referee.
    Spot on - had a right pop at the ref.

Deflectors on full captain.

Hilariously he also had a pop about the players decision making and lack of bravery in getting forward and “asking the question” (I feckin hate that phrase he always uses)

Well Del Boy, whilst i agree the team were far too timid and time & again took the easy option of the sideways or backwards pass instead of showing some aggression & intent to get forward, maybe, just maybe that’s down to their managers constant s’hite the bed negative game management tactics that has bred it into them to play safety first.

The team reflects the manager - maybe Del needs to reflect on that...

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    That's optimistic.

If we can't beat St.Mirren then we're in big trouble.
    If we are relying on Cosgrove to win us games we are in big trouble

Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast