Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post
There was some grumblings from some Arsenal supporters that he wasn't starting straight away in first team, but even if Messi came he wouldn't start until Bielsa was happy with his fitness and knows his tactics.

As for Eddie himself, looks to be a great package. Has pace, reads the play on the field very well and looks like he is confident in his own abilities. Very impressed with him and Costa, looks like there could be a very good partnership between them.
If there was grumbling it was probably because of what Pullis did to Gnabry. But most of us knew that we'd deliberately chosen Leeds for him so there must have been an agreement he'd get his chance.

Glad you lads are happy with him. I've only seen the goal, but that Costa chap did well. Looks useful. And a beautifully weighted pass to him by your midfielder who surged forward. {What's his name?}

On the Arsenal site, a few years before Wenger left, there was one guy who was a La Liga obsessive and said Bielsa's the best and exactly who we needed to replace Arsène but keep playing good football.

Is he as good as that Gooner said? Would be great to have you back in the Prem playing good footy.

Last time we lent a young striker to a Div 2 team (as it used to be called), it was Nicky Bendtner and he won them (Brum) promotion. {Bendtner was under-rated. Could have been good if he'd worked at it. Scored 9 in 25 in the CL while Adebayour only scored 1 in 25.}

Looks like you're playing good footy. One lad here gave me the twitter link to see all your goals. Is there any site that has its own highlights (like Arsenalist.com do for us)?

All the best and thanks to you lot for being so friendly and keeping me updated on how he's doing. There's an awful long way for the lad to go yet, but I said I'd seen glimpses in him of the young Ian Wright. The way he made space in the box for Costa's cross was the sort of thing Auba does. There's a real skill to making that much space for a tap in.

Best of luck.