+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi, lads. How did our boy Eddie Nketiah do?

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Looked good and did what he is there to do which is score goals.

For Leeds goals you can get them on Twitter and Instagram accounts:Leedsgoals and walmottv on instagram
    Thanks, mate. Just watched his goal tonight. I've bookmarked the twitter page - God willing, I'll be looking at that quite a bit this season.

He did well for that goal, made sure he stayed onside, forced the defender to cover the near post and then drew back away towards to far side.

Nice. The winger (Costa?) who made the goal for him looks quite tasty.

Did young Eddie do anything else of note?

Top of the league, lads. Keep it up. I'd love for him to help get you promoted.

All the best from North London.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Some goons think he shouldn't be in our under 23's, as if he's up to speed already to be straight in first team.... One of only 2 recognised forwards, so his time will come sooner rather than later, but this is Championship not Lg2, a big ask for a young lad with barely any 1st team competitive experience. Expect MB and Leeds to be handing you back a better player at end of season... look how we have transformed Harrison
    Hope so. He did score our last EPL goal of last season, but I know what you mean.

His goal looked decent tonight. Scored in a Mickey Mouse cup game, scored in the U23s and now scored in the proper league.

In an ideal world (from a selfish, Gooner perspective), Auba and Laca sign new deals for us, he helps you get promoted, cementing his place as your main no.9, and then he stays another season starting for you every week in the Prem, a bit like the Chav$ did with Lukaku.

Thank God we actually made sure we chose the best team from him. Doubt you lot have ever heard of the German lad, Serge Gnabry, but he broke through at 17, looked better than Ox, got injured, came back.

So we lent him to WBA. Pullis didn't want a baller player, only hoofers, so he wasted the whole season there without playing. This meant he hadn't moved up our pecking order so he buggered off to Germany and is now banging them in for Bayern.

But that move tonight - perfectly weighted pass to the winger, good work, and put on a plate (due to a perfect cross and Eddie's good movement) is just what we hoped to see. Hopefully Pepe will be doing that for him next year or the one after.

Thanks for looking after him, and glad his repaying our management's faith. Hope he can keep us this goal per min ratio. Did he do anything else tonight?

All the best.

He tidied up several times in defence using his pace to chase lose balls. By the way, he is now ours, you can't have him back :-)

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Ganpati the boy is showing signs of becoming a Yorkshire legend.

2 games, 2 goals, good pace and poachers positioning. Sniffer Nketiah!
    Excellent news. As I said to another chap here, if he helps get you promoted, and he makes the no.9 role his own, then if, God willing, Auba and Laca sign the new deals, the best thing for us would be for him to have a full season with you next year in the EPL.

But the way he stayed just onside and then left the defender as he slipped away to the far post was rather encouraging.

Here's hoping you're still top of the league in May.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    4 minutes on tonight and scores, the boy is like mustard, start him each week.
    That's how he announced himself to us. We were losing against a lower league team in the League Cup, and we won a corner. He got subbed on and scored the equaliser with his first touch. Scored the winner in extra time.

I know this sounds selfish but after the fückups we've had with loans in the last 5 years, this is so good to hear.

We've now got a loan manager to keep track of our loanees, and we specifically chose you lads out of the 23 clubs that wanted him as the one that played the passing football most like us. Didn't want a manager that wanted to hoof the ball up to him with his back to goal.

That was a great move for the goal tonight, right from the moment your boy won it back on the by-line just inside your half. Great weighted pass for the winger and good control followed by perfect cross.

But the way young Eddie made himself space in the box reminded me a bit of Auba. Haven't seen him score a goal like that before. Maybe he's been learning in training?

Onwards and upwards, Yorkies.

There was some grumblings from some Arsenal supporters that he wasn't starting straight away in first team, but even if Messi came he wouldn't start until Bielsa was happy with his fitness and knows his tactics.

As for Eddie himself, looks to be a great package. Has pace, reads the play on the field very well and looks like he is confident in his own abilities. Very impressed with him and Costa, looks like there could be a very good partnership between them.

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post
    There was some grumblings from some Arsenal supporters that he wasn't starting straight away in first team, but even if Messi came he wouldn't start until Bielsa was happy with his fitness and knows his tactics.

As for Eddie himself, looks to be a great package. Has pace, reads the play on the field very well and looks like he is confident in his own abilities. Very impressed with him and Costa, looks like there could be a very good partnership between them.
    If there was grumbling it was probably because of what Pullis did to Gnabry. But most of us knew that we'd deliberately chosen Leeds for him so there must have been an agreement he'd get his chance.

Glad you lads are happy with him. I've only seen the goal, but that Costa chap did well. Looks useful. And a beautifully weighted pass to him by your midfielder who surged forward. {What's his name?}

On the Arsenal site, a few years before Wenger left, there was one guy who was a La Liga obsessive and said Bielsa's the best and exactly who we needed to replace Arsène but keep playing good football.

Is he as good as that Gooner said? Would be great to have you back in the Prem playing good footy.

Last time we lent a young striker to a Div 2 team (as it used to be called), it was Nicky Bendtner and he won them (Brum) promotion. {Bendtner was under-rated. Could have been good if he'd worked at it. Scored 9 in 25 in the CL while Adebayour only scored 1 in 25.}

Looks like you're playing good footy. One lad here gave me the twitter link to see all your goals. Is there any site that has its own highlights (like Arsenalist.com do for us)?

All the best and thanks to you lot for being so friendly and keeping me updated on how he's doing. There's an awful long way for the lad to go yet, but I said I'd seen glimpses in him of the young Ian Wright. The way he made space in the box for Costa's cross was the sort of thing Auba does. There's a real skill to making that much space for a tap in.

Best of luck.

Hi Gan,

Yeah, I would say Bielsa is good. His style of play is fantastic to watch because he likes to play possession football and play out from the back. Also he wants the players superfit which in my eyes is a good thing as when teams tire we carry on.

He favours a small squad with a core of about 18 players with some youth waiting in the wings. The only problem is if key players get injured but he likes players who can play in multiple positions.

I think he is a great coach as he took a team that was on the slide and within a few weeks changed that team into a side that played flowing football. Players gained confidence with playing the ball and not just hoofin it.

Not sure on the highlights as I normally just check on Leeds Newsnow site if I can't get to see match.

I can see why about the grumbling now that you mentioned what Pullis did and I suppose if a young Leeds talent went out on loan and wasn't getting any game time I would be the same.

Hopefully he will get more game time, it takes a while to get into a Bielsa team as he himself says that he will normally pick his fittest 11.

All the best as well mate.

Thanks, mate. You're just scored against Stoke about 20 secs after I logged in here.

Your description of Bielsa is basically exactly what that Gooner mate said. Can see why he wanted him as Arsène's replacement now.

It will be nice when you come up as it's always better having footballing teams that hoofaball types.

Think Eddie's already earned his place on the bench as a sub that can expect to come on so all going to plan so far. Bielsa saying this week that there could be times him and Bamford play as twin strikers was even better.

After we switched to 4-3-3 when we get RVP and sold Adebayour several years ago, I never thought I'd seen an old skool strike partnership again. But the Laca-Auba partnership has been our only bright spot in the last 18 months.

Anyway, just keep a clean sheet this 2nd half, and any more goals and/or Eddie coming on will just be a bonus. 3 pts (and relegating those Stoke cünts) is all that matters.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)