+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Summer transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You need to pick this argument with SD - not me!
    Wasn’t a pop at you BT I just thing we miss the bigger picture sometimes, we see one thing and someone else sees another,
    My point was if Dyche is accepting them as part of our premiership team it’s a poor do , I wouldn’t like to think I was relying on defour or Brady to make us competitive at this level ( I like defour but his body can’t deal with the premiership football physicality).
    Brady looks very timid and weak to me.

We absolutely shouldn’t have renewed Defour s contract , personally I’d have got both of them off the wage bill and got a younger fitter competitive player in.

Not a criticism of anyone just an opinion

I've said on loads of previous threads that D4 IMHO is a waste of a wage. I like Robbie, but clearly the EPL is way too physical for him.

I'd cut the losses and get two in ASAP.

Tom Davies and Tom Davies, BT! I'm not relenting. He plays 60km away from Burnley so it's not geographically imperceptible that he could handle Turf Moor as a home. In his 12 appearances for Everton since March 2019 he has warmed the bench 7 times, the remaining time is made up of substitute appearances totalling 21 minutes. He is a wasted talent. Transfrmkt has him at 15 million, Defour is at 5 million. He should be a January target, starting CM or AM. Surely the weekly wage would be similar, so it's just a matter of the 15 million less what we get for Defour. The right encouragement regarding starting XI opportunities would get him over the line.

Hed be a decent signing I think Oz , right age might be interested if he gets game time as well, I know this much we’d be stronger with him than without him.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretofOz View Post
    Tom Davies and Tom Davies, BT! I'm not relenting. He plays 60km away from Burnley so it's not geographically imperceptible that he could handle Turf Moor as a home. In his 12 appearances for Everton since March 2019 he has warmed the bench 7 times, the remaining time is made up of substitute appearances totalling 21 minutes. He is a wasted talent. Transfrmkt has him at 15 million, Defour is at 5 million. He should be a January target, starting CM or AM. Surely the weekly wage would be similar, so it's just a matter of the 15 million less what we get for Defour. The right encouragement regarding starting XI opportunities would get him over the line.
    Fancy returning home and taking over from Rigg, Oz?

So who is to blame for that surprise home defeat to Crystal Palace? Some Man Utd fans disgruntled at their summer window when they only added Daniel James, Wan-Bissaka and Maguire. Maybe they should have kept Lukaku and dumped Lingard? No pleasing folks is there.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    So who is to blame for that surprise home defeat to Crystal Palace? Some Man Utd fans disgruntled at their summer window when they only added Daniel James, Wan-Bissaka and Maguire. Maybe they should have kept Lukaku and dumped Lingard? No pleasing folks is there.
    I think we have arrived at the point where only two teams are beyond home fan criticism outwood. The rest can beat each other and unless you want to spend 25 x £100 million to buy a 25 man squad that can compete and beat Liverpool and City - forget it!

Sorry BT, born and bred in Australia. I'm afraid I'd just be another Aussie expat taking an English person's job! Just hope Rigg is feeling game enough to have a go.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretofOz View Post
    Sorry BT, born and bred in Australia. I'm afraid I'd just be another Aussie expat taking an English person's job! Just hope Rigg is feeling game enough to have a go.
    Should be an interesting day's cricket today Oz?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)