+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Brentford ***Matchday Thread***

Leeds United - v - Brentford ***Matchday Thread***

Leeds captain Liam Cooper and left-back Barry Douglas are both doubtful.

If Douglas does miss out then Stuart Dallas is likely to switch from right to left-back, with Jamie Shackleton to play right-back.

Brentford boss Thomas Frank could name the same XI that started Saturday's draw with Hull City.

Forward Said Benrahma is pushing for a recall, while former Leeds defender Pontus Jansson returns to Elland Road for the first time.

Match facts:

Leeds have lost only one of their past 13 home league matches against Brentford (W6 D6 L1), a 0-1 reverse in February 2015.

Brentford have lost only two of their past 12 league games against Leeds (W5 D5 L2), both 0-1 away defeats in 2016-17 and 2017-18.

Should he feature, Brentford captain Pontus Jansson will return to Elland Road as an opposing player for the first time; indeed, the Sweden international netted in this exact fixture last season, equalising late on to secure a 1-1 draw for Leeds.

Leeds United, who are winless in their last four home matches in all competitions (P4 W0 D2 L2), last went five games without victory at Elland Road between March and October 2015 - a 12-game run which spanned three different managers (Neil Redfearn, Uwe Rosler and Steve Evans).

Brentford have won their last two away games in the Championship by a 1-0 scoreline; the Bees have not won three on the bounce on the road since April 2016 under Dean Smith.

Leeds striker Patrick Bamford, who scored both goals in his side's 2-0 win at Wigan last time out, has now netted 10 goals in 18 league starts for the Whites, including six in his last eight.

2 - 0. Bamford 20'.

MOT.

He is going to score a header from a corner against us isn't he?

Wonder if PJ will lose it out there today.

Guess we'll find out if he really has an issue with any or our players.

Bound to score, our ex players often do

We should have had a clause to say he couldn't play in this fixture.

Just setting off - Hope we bag the three points tonight ...would make a nice change against this lot

Coooommmmonnn !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    He is going to score a header from a corner against us isn't he?
    God, I hope he doesn't do anything special as I fear at the end of the game I can see him running to MB and giving him the bird.
    Also, I'm glad I'm sick as a dog and spend the last three days in bed as it just helped me get up so I can watch this match.
    Andy I know I have asked before how can you find youtube links and you haven't responded either not wanting to tell oh simply don't read my comments which I can't blame you.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Bound to score, our ex players often do
    If we treat Pontus the way we used to treat Beckford - "Your Leeds and you know you are !!" and he never did anything against us - Beckford even got subbed by Preston for giving the Leeds Salute , he may not turn up
    However I think he has a point to prove against Bielsa and that may push him on
    Come on Leeds
    MOT

Looked everywhere for a stream or even just a radio link and nothing. Thought with pontus thing this game would have been a must see ohh well.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)