+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoke City - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Stoke City - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Stoke City boss Nathan Jones could drop England international goalkeeper Jack Butland after his poor start the season continued in the 3-1 defeat by Preston.

The Potters are bottom of the table with one point from four games.

Championship leaders Leeds United have doubts over defenders Liam Cooper (ankle) and Stuart Dallas.

Arsenal loanee Eddie Nketiah is likely to start on the bench again despite coming on to score the winner over Brentford on Wednesday.

Match facts:

In meetings between Stoke City and Leeds United at Stoke, there has not been a goalless draw in the last 25 games in all competitions since a 0-0 stalemate in October 1966.

Leeds have lost three of their past four league matches against Stoke (W1 D0 L3), losing 1-2 at the Bet365 Stadium last season.

Stoke, who are now winless in 10 league games (P10 W0 D5 L5), have not suffered a longer such run outside of the top-flight since a 16-match streak without victory between September and December 2002.

Leeds are looking to win three straight away games in the Championship for the first time in 2019, last doing so against Sheffield United, Bolton and Aston Villa in December 2018.

Stoke (28) and Leeds (30) have faced the fewest shots in the Championship so far this season, though the Potters have conceded 10 times, and the Whites just twice. Indeed, the fortunes of the two clubs could not be more contrasting, with the away side sitting top and the home side sitting bottom of the division after four matches.

Against Brentford last time out, Leeds striker Eddie Nketiah became just the 14th different Whites player to score in his first two appearances for the club - should he score against Stoke, Nketiah will be the first player since Frank Fidler in 1951 to score in his first three appearances for Leeds United.

0 - 3.

MOT.

Our biggest enemy- injuries has struck again. Cooper and Dallas out which means a back four of Shackleton, Berardi, White and Alioski.......if anyone has ever seen a shorter back 4 please let me know

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Our biggest enemy- injuries has struck again. Cooper and Dallas out which means a back four of Shackleton, Berardi, White and Alioski.......if anyone has ever seen a shorter back 4 please let me know
    He won't play shak in defense and Phillips will cover for cooper.
    Does anyone know the time spam in Ayling and Douglas injuries? Douglas especially as he was injured a lot last season.

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post

Stoke City boss Nathan Jones could drop England international goalkeeper Jack Butland after his poor start the season continued in the 3-1 defeat by Preston.

The Potters are bottom of the table with one point from four games.

Championship leaders Leeds United have doubts over defenders Liam Cooper (ankle) and Stuart Dallas.

Arsenal loanee Eddie Nketiah is likely to start on the bench again despite coming on to score the winner over Brentford on Wednesday.

Match facts:

In meetings between Stoke City and Leeds United at Stoke, there has not been a goalless draw in the last 25 games in all competitions since a 0-0 stalemate in October 1966.

Leeds have lost three of their past four league matches against Stoke (W1 D0 L3), losing 1-2 at the Bet365 Stadium last season.

Stoke, who are now winless in 10 league games (P10 W0 D5 L5), have not suffered a longer such run outside of the top-flight since a 16-match streak without victory between September and December 2002.

Leeds are looking to win three straight away games in the Championship for the first time in 2019, last doing so against Sheffield United, Bolton and Aston Villa in December 2018.

Stoke (28) and Leeds (30) have faced the fewest shots in the Championship so far this season, though the Potters have conceded 10 times, and the Whites just twice. Indeed, the fortunes of the two clubs could not be more contrasting, with the away side sitting top and the home side sitting bottom of the division after four matches.

Against Brentford last time out, Leeds striker Eddie Nketiah became just the 14th different Whites player to score in his first two appearances for the club - should he score against Stoke, Nketiah will be the first player since Frank Fidler in 1951 to score in his first three appearances for Leeds United.

0 - 3.

MOT.
    Can I just say, as a Gooner, I hope you fücking batter them. They still sing songs about breaking Ramsey's leg. All their fans look like '70s National Front members - well, the ones that came to away games at ours.

I don't even know where in the country their ****-hole is, but I hope you make their weekend a misery. Only popped in to see if there was any news on Eddie, but knowing those cünts are bottom of the table has cheered me up. Please put a another nail in their relegation coffin. They really are fücking Neanderthals. Best of luck.

Fingers crossed both Cooper / Dallas are fit, having to play Shack ( never a RB ) & Alioski with Berardi, against a winless, but physical Stoke team, could be long, nail-biting afternoon. As previously stated, would prefer Phillips as emergency CB, but would be missed as DM.
    When you get issues like this, just shows up the lack of options both at CB & CM.

Quote Originally Posted by ganpati23 View Post
    Can I just say, as a Gooner, I hope you fücking batter them. They still sing songs about breaking Ramsey's leg. All their fans look like '70s National Front members - well, the ones that came to away games at ours.

I don't even know where in the country their ****-hole is, but I hope you make their weekend a misery. Only popped in to see if there was any news on Eddie, but knowing those cünts are bottom of the table has cheered me up. Please put a another nail in their relegation coffin. They really are fücking Neanderthals. Best of luck.
    But other than that they are ok?

Will see what we can do

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Fingers crossed both Cooper / Dallas are fit, having to play Shack ( never a RB ) & Alioski with Berardi, against a winless, but physical Stoke team, could be long, nail-biting afternoon. As previously stated, would prefer Phillips as emergency CB, but would be missed as DM.
    When you get issues like this, just shows up the lack of options both at CB & CM.
    Think both will play but agree with the lack of options at CB/CM...seems the powers that be don't see it as a problem

This is going to be our hardest match so far. Stoke's results and position are completely unrepresentative of their performances so far. I think they're 5th in terms of good chances created and fifth or sixth in terms of fewest scoring opportunities given, and it's been a couple of GK clangers and some poor finishing that has largely been their downfall - doubtless neither of which will happen today. And given our talent last season for giving winless teams their first win for ages, I can see this afternoon being a really tense affair.

Butland had a stinker against Preston so he'll be MOM today

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)