+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bury expelled from the FL

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    What's the betting they do eh Kim?
    Our council did right by us, why would the council in Bury be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Livid View Post
    Our council did right by us, why would the council in Bury be any different?
    We don't know the situation or debt etc. at Bury, might be a total different scenario to ours.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    We don't know the situation or debt etc. at Bury, might be a total different scenario to ours.
    Their Chairman took over the club quite recently, last year or so.Has been saying that he found more hidden debts (sound familiar) & a historical debt caused by the previous owner that has put buyers off including the last one

Very, Very Sad, when you consider 4/5 weeks ago that could have been us, and in a catchment area where two of the richest clubs reside in country, shame on you both I just hope you never call for help on the Divisions 1,2 & 3 that your GREED is now Jeopardizing.

I don’t believe in bail outs, it’s a free market economy.

There will always be those that have and those that have not.

Regulation isn’t the answer, responsible management is.

I’m as sad as anyone over Burys demise, but it could be argued that they spent beyond their means to achieve promotion last term, or over the past number of seasons accruing debt.

Even their CVA was strange with HMRC prepared to write off debt etc.

I truly hope they can survive but I suspect the current business now faces liquidation given a lack of income and they can bounce back from two or three levels below Notts.

It’s not just the expulsion, you would think the chances of the club actually surviving in their current situation is next to zero considering the now known extent of the clubs debts. Fans will have to say their goodbyes and decide whether or not they could be involved with or support a Phoenix club.

Obviously there are a lot of bad decisions made by owners regarding managers and the amount of money spent ect ect. But are the fans in a way partly responsible for the pressures put on owners and players nowadays?? Just thinking about fans on here and at the games when things aren't going well or we weren't near the top of the league it is terrible abuse.
    Fans who have supported the team for years can take a dislike to a manager and stop going to games, or they just abuse them every game. 3 poor results on the trott and knives are out. I just think no matter who takes over a football club the way society is nowadays it's an impossible task unless they have a bottomless pit of money.
    Not many fans are happy for their team to just survive and be a mid table team. Obviously there are those fans but not enough to keep a team like notts county going with the bills and ground costs and expectations and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    I blame the premier league and sky for everything that is wrong with the game we all love, most of these premier league fans' know nothing of the real game, the premier league is sterile and artificial it is more like scripted soap opera than sport for a local community to enjoy, many PL 'fans'have never been to 'their' teams ground never mind spent a wet, cold tuesday evening sipping a bovril and watching their team get pumped at gigg lane under the floodlights, those memories are the ones that make any successes we might have worth all the suffering,
    Bury have always been a club like Notts in my memory lots of downs with the occasional season of triumph, today is a sad day for lower league football and could mark the beginning of the end, there are still several clubs on the brink of failing and i'm sure many more just teetering above the abyss.
    Interesting that you mention a root and branch review, i remember this phrase being used over and over after a poor england world cup several years back, the FA was going to sort out the game from grassroots to premier league, whatever happened to that? all i've seen is a bigger TV deal for the PL, player wages and transfer fees going through the roof and the only knock on to teams like bury,coventry,macclesfield,notts,bolton,port vale,blackpool etc etc etc is that they can no longer compete in the transfer market, so have to pay ridiculous wages to be able to compete,greedy chairmen overspending and buying into the hype in an attempt to reach the pot of gold a couple of promotions can get them. just 15 miles from Bury and about 60 places up the FL ladder Man Utd can afford to pay a guy 500k a week to sit on the bench,while his agent angles for another multi million £ move to Italy and thats just one example,
    Greed has infected the game and it all started with the Premier league and skytv , i hope these 'fans' are happy when there are only 20 teams left standing.

a sad day for proper football
    Spot on mate

I feel for the fans of Bury lets hope AFC Bury is formed quickly and ready for next season what ever league they end up in.

What a contrast to our situation. We got offers of help from our closest rivals (Thanks NFFC fans) and Juventus. Man C and Man U did nothing. Those clubs are owned by scum and run by scum and a lot of their supporters are scum of the earth. As are Sky, the FA, the premier league and the EFL. Shame on all of you, and the cretins who mismanaged Bury.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast